King Creek Falls Trail

King Creek Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile out and back trail located near Mountain Rest, SC that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Moderate trail that starts a decent way from the parking lot. Hardest part is walking across a log to get to the waterfall, if you don't want to get your feet wet.

Beautiful waterfall. Fun, easy trail. Want to go back, camp and spend more time hiking the other trails. Several waterfalls in this area within a short hiking distance.

Super fun trail and a good quick hike for a fall evening

Pleasant hike with a nice waterfall at the end to reward you.

fabulous!

Beautiful area and well worth the hike. The last section of the hike was a little slower going due to downed trees and a portico of the trail had been washed out. The photo above was taken after some very heavy rain.

L

Really enjoyed this hike. Took my son and daughter and they had a lot of fun as well. There were also some geocaches off the trail. The waterfall is worth the short hike.

Did this just the other day. It's almost exactly a 2 mile round trip hike from the parking lot. Your first 0.4 miles is on a gravel road leading to a campground. Continue over a small bridge and look left to continue (I say this because a tree had fallen and blocked the bridge and it took us 30 minutes to figure out where it was. Duh, right behind the fallen tree.) The path continues easily for the next 0.4 miles and then gets moderate. I had some hard times in the last 1000 feet or so. The trail was pretty ripped up and I had a 25 pound kid in a hiking pack on my back. We were glad we didn't bring our dog as the final bit of the trial was a bit tough. Overall, totally worth it and we'd love to come back and swim in the pool beneath the falls!

A very easy hike that is worth the time to check out if you are in the area. I try to take this short trail before I get on the Ellicott Rock Trail. The cool wind coming off of the falls makes it a great stop in the summer!

Great short hike to a beautiful waterfall!

One of my very favorite trails! Although the trail to the falls is short, it is a very cool trail with lots of narrow winding turns and ledges. The falls are amazing especially after a big rain! There is a nice pool at the bottom goo for kids (or in my case a dog) to play in! Really worth the trip!

Like a dream