Foothills Trail Through Hike

Foothills Trail Through Hike is a 76 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mountain Rest, South Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November.

76.0 miles 25543 feet Point to Point

Awesome rivers, huge trees, widely varying terrain, awesome trip Either direction this an awesome trek. The only way to appreciate the numerous washes , gorges, rivers and mountains is to set foot on this trail from start to finish. This is no walk in the woods and planning should be taken seriously. There are numerous bail out points making it accessible in case of emergencies. I made this trip in five nights and six days. I would recommend taking more time as there are numerous side trips worth the time and effort. Rest assured you will be worn out and blisters are a real threat even with good footwear. This trip will test your backpacking skills and it is worth every minute of it. Good luck and let me know what you think of the trail.

Hiked it back in March, pretty incredible trail. My favorite section is the stretch along the Chattooga river.

Did 28.3 mile section in 10 hours for Make-A-Wish SC Trailblaze Challenge. Great time, great cause, great trail.

Go 2-4 times a year and each time is better.

Did this trail for the NC Trailblaze Challenge for Make-A-Wish. We did 28.3 miles in one day! This trail was beautiful even though it rained.

Did a thru hike of the Foothills Trail last march from Table Rock to Oconee. Like everyone's said, there's lots of water around. I was out for 5 days, unfortunately had a ton of rain for 2 of the days, but still had a great time. I only saw 2 thru hikers and maybe 5 day hikers(all in the same day), the rest of the time, I didn't see anyone at all. This is definitely one of my favorite trails.

This an awesome hike for the spring. Plenty of water and cool temperatures. Not a ton of other hikers on the trail either.

I finished a thru hike of the foothills trail from Table Rock State Park to Oconee State park for the full 76 miles of the trail.

I was on the trail 5 nights and 6 days. I had some bad weather on my 2nd day through the third day in. The rest of my trip had perfect weather.

The defining feature of this trail all the way through is water, streams and waterfalls are abundant. The scenery is beautiful, containing old growth forests with giant trees, abundant wildlife, challenging terrain, and stellar camping opportunities, especially along the Chatooga River.

I highly recomend a thru-hike of this trail to experience the full essence of its remote beauty and wild character.
I have posted some photos on my blog. See the link below.