Firebreak Trail

Firebreak Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, South Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Perfect Christmas Day hike before dinner!!

Nice hike! Easy to follow! Lots of bikers though.

This was our first time to Harbison State Forest and it was a pleasant experience. This trail is nice and easy. There is some hilly terrain and there are some areas where there are a lot of areas that had a lot of rocks so if you're walking make sure you're wearing good shoes! The trails are very clearly marked which was great. There are a lot of bikers on these trails but everyone we met was super friendly. Would definitely do this trail again and I can't wait to do the rest of the trails in the forest!

Nice fast trail. I hiked it with my dog.

Nice run.

It was immediately apparent that this was a far more forested area than the Sesqui State Park. It wasn’t wilderness, I never lost the sound of the highway (though it did grow faint). The trail, though cleared, wasn’t paved. It narrowed and was often rocky and broken up with roots from the surrounding pines and pin oaks. The grade changed a good bit over terrain that was quite hilly, and that is the apparent reason for the trail’s “moderate” rating. I could feel the difference, though it never became too much for me.

The trail was blazed with white paint splotches on trees and a couple of white metal diamonds. It was a sparse blaze, but enough to verify I was staying on the right trail (nine are listed in the Trail Guide). The trail intersections were well-marked, though, and I was never confused over where I was at.

Overall, a nice little trail that's moderately challenging for a new hiker.

Perfect weekend morning hike.