Firebreak Trail

Firebreak Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, SC that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

30 minutes ago

Nice run.

It was immediately apparent that this was a far more forested area than the Sesqui State Park. It wasn’t wilderness, I never lost the sound of the highway (though it did grow faint). The trail, though cleared, wasn’t paved. It narrowed and was often rocky and broken up with roots from the surrounding pines and pin oaks. The grade changed a good bit over terrain that was quite hilly, and that is the apparent reason for the trail’s “moderate” rating. I could feel the difference, though it never became too much for me.

The trail was blazed with white paint splotches on trees and a couple of white metal diamonds. It was a sparse blaze, but enough to verify I was staying on the right trail (nine are listed in the Trail Guide). The trail intersections were well-marked, though, and I was never confused over where I was at.

Overall, a nice little trail that's moderately challenging for a new hiker.

Perfect weekend morning hike.

Since I'm a novice "mountain" biker - not sure how to rate this trail but we had a fantastic time. Maps were confusing and we ended up doing a few trails... Definitely didn't do the Spiderwoman one. Can't imagine how that would be because there were some rough parts of this one - remember - I'm novice... but I loved it!! I've lived in Columbia 15 years and have never been here but GUARANTEED - as Arnold says...."I'll be back!"..
Oh... and one 16 oz. bottle of water is not enough!! LOL

Trail was an easy hike. Great for families since it's completely flat and trails are easily marked. I expected it to be a little more scenic but I didn't see anything at all.

Rode this trail with my 8 year old daughter recently while training for a family adventure race. It was the first time I've ridden this trail in its entirety in a long time as I usually take the Lost Creek trail or the outer loop. I was pleased with how well the trail has been maintained. A nice and easy 4 mile loop if your looking for a quick ride.

This is a great hike with lots of chances to see the creek and the Narrows. What a great time me and my dad had today.

This is a beautiful area. The waterfall is easily accessible, and their is even a trail that will take you to a marvelous view after you
Have tracked down to the falls. A must if your in the area.

Great hike!!!!!

This is a great hike. Once you reach around 1.5 miles you will be able to cut off and go down to the narrows. The site is amazing, and you will get to see all kinds of great scenery. Definite hike if your in the area. Not great of you have dogs or kids as the hike down is extremely strenuous.

Very easy trail, lots of pointless switchbacks that get you nowhere really fast but the pinestraw covered trail is fast and smooth. I usually hit this to connect to Midlands Mountain and Spiderwoman. Ridiculous rock garden which was man-made...kinda like riding over a pebble or two....Really dont understand why someone would take the time to make that! You may ride over it and not realize that someone put it there to make the trail more technical. funny!

Pretty much the loop you take to get to the other trails in Harbison. Great beginner loop if your just starting out and don't want to go to far. Someone had built a jump in the first 1.5miles that is really cool. A small new section has been built near the end (or beginning depending which way you go) that has a nice little corner.

This is a very nice trail with moderate difficulty. The path is wide and the footing is very good throughout most of the trail.