Brissy Ridge

Brissy Ridge is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Greenville, SC that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: Bikes are not allowed on Saturdays in the park.

Nice trail , we connected to the trail that went down to the lake then back up onto sulpher springs to the parking area.
If the parking area is full drive on about 100 meters for another much larger area.
I would rate these trails as moderate at the most.

Good. I'd rate it moderate, not hard.

great

Great afternoon. Started at the parking area & trail head at the top of the mountain. Took the Brissy Ridge trail, left on Kanugu, left on Fire Tower, and left on Sulfer Springs. We found wild azaleas near midpoint of the Kanugu trail.

I hike this trail allot. It has some fun quick ups and downs. Great trail for a shake down hike. Half of the trail is hiker only. Saturday's the entire park is hiker only.

one half is super easy but the "hikers only portion is quite steep. there isn't enough parking on Saturdays, either.

I have hiked and biked Brissy Ridge, Pipsissewa and Lake Trail several times. The best view is the lake and it is fun to carry swim trunks and go for a dip on a hot day. There are some nice views in the winter but all leaves during the summer. This is a nice after work hike or bike trail. Bikes are not allowed on Saturdays.

Went back today (Wednesday) and this trail was a completely different experience. There were zero people on the trail, and this changed the dynamic of the hike considerably - especially not having bikers. It was really cold - 30's - but it was a good time. I highly recommend getting out during the week if you can.

This is a fun little trail for folks who don't want a lot of time investment since it is only a little over 2 miles and can be hiked by virtually all skill levels. It is rated "hard," and there are a few places where you have to work a bit, but personally, I think it is more deserving of a "moderate" rating. Even inexperienced hikers can negotiate this trail if they take their time and don't let it get in their head.
If you go on a weekend especially, expect to share the trail with lots of bikers. This is a bit of a pain, but it is part of the deal so just accept it and enjoy your time on trail. There is one part of the trail where only hikers are allowed - no bikers, so enjoy that when you come to it. There are some nice views in winter that are not available any other time.
Enjoy!

Great but annoying with all the bikers

Great views when hiked in winter or late fall.

This is a pretty fun trail. If you start it from the road where it intersects near the middle of the Sulphur Springs trail, it is a lot of downhill. This was pretty hard on our knees, as we had already hiked Sulphur Springs right before and generally find uphill easier than downhill. Views were pretty nice and it wasn't really busy when we were there. I prefer Sulphur Springs over this one, but might try it again from the other direction to see if I like it more.

Hiked this morning. With the leaves down, there were some good views of Greenville. I hiked the "hiker only" portion first which seemed to make it easier. Will probably come back and hike it again in the future.

My friend Janell and I hiked Brissy ridge. It started out easier but got incredibly harder. It was a great hike, no spectacular views, but great to be out in nature.