Blackjacks Heritage Preserve

Blackjacks Heritage Preserve is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Rock Hill, SC and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

nice suburban hike, you may see many hawks. This trail guides you through a wooded area that contains 13 rare plant species. There is an abundance of sunflowers in season and I have spotted hawks nesting in clearings. The trails are primarily dirt but some have woodchips placed between railroad ties. It's an easy hike and great to take the kids on.

The trail was hard to find so we will need to go back on a cooler day but we saw lots of wild flowers and moths. Beautiful area next to an industrial site. Never would have known it was there without All Trails. Kids got hot so we had to turn back but not before we got some pictures on the hanging swing.

easy Trail to find. It's right off the road. However the trail itself is not very well marked. we got lost a little bit,

the trail is not used very often and therefore we saw a lot more Wildlife than a well-worn trail.

I would rate the trail a three and a half. However our dog would rate it about a four and a half. very private, lots of little animals to chase.

there's a swing and a picnic bench at the beginning of the trailhead which would be very nice romantic afternoon if you're with someone other than your dog

Trail is very difficult to follow. Most trail markers are gone, down or overgrown. A seldom used trail giving much solitude. I saw many bird spices, wildflowers, insects and even some deer. It's good enough for me to visit again during all seasons. Don't forget your camera and binoculars. I rate this trail 3 stars. Submitted by RFW