Andrew Jackson State Park

Andrew Jackson State Park is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Lancaster, SC that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A 30 minute drive from south Charlotte with lots to offer! This neat park offers hiking trails, an 18 acre lake with fishing and rental boats, RV and primitive campsites, picnic shelters, an amphitheater and the Andrew Jackson museum. The focal point is the bronze statue of Andrew Jackson by Anna Hyatt Huntington, cofounder of Brookgreen Gardens.

It is OK.

We did half the trail, never made it around the lake. Our kids were hot and we were tired but we did get our first stamp in our Ultimate Outsider passport book.

my 11 yr old and I enjoyed the nature trail! we wanted to go for a short 1 mile hike & it was shaded to keep us out of the sun!

Very nice trail. Took the dog and kids. Also has some historical sites to see. Quiet and mellow walk. Relatively flat for the most part.

Nice state park. The trail is ok but no great views and there is a lot of car noise on a stretch of it. If I was in the area I'd do it again but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Nice as a park. Suited for families with small children as the trails are simple and meandering. The parks primary benefit are extensive picnic spots ,many with wood burning fire places fully stocked with wood. Park staff on site are friendly and helpful. Lake, rental boats,camping,lots of open space.