Turner Loop Trail

Turner Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near East Providence, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beginning part of the trail is physically accessible to folks with mobility challenges, so I liked that a great deal. The marking of the rest of the trail was not real clear. At times, we felt like we were trespassing on private property. One section of the trail, near the backside of Seekonk HS looks like a Microburst touched down there. I posted two photos... the trees look like they were just snapped like toothpicks! Very eerie, but stunning at the same time. Will definitely go back during another season other than winter.

Parts of the trail are very pretty, but once you are directed onto Arcade Ave you're dealing with heavy traffic. Upon re-entering, there are no clear markers and it's very easy to end up in someone's backyard. There are many trails completely obstructed with fallen trees, and you have to practically hurdle them to get by.

If I were to use the trail again, I'd stick to the first mile and double back...

Very pretty but when doing the full loop a good portion of the "trail" is just along the road and it's a little busy with car traffic. I was uncomfortable walking along that portion, especially with my dog (or I imagine with kids). If I go back I'd likely just choose which half of reservoir to stay on and approach it as a point to point rather than a loop trail as to avoid the roads. Very nice trail otherwise though!

We've gone twice and my impression is that a lot of people use it as an informal dog park. The little parking lot on Pleasant Ave actually has a complementary bag dispenser for cleaning up after your pooch. My dogs, two toy poodles, had a blast although they were a little intimidated by the bigger more boisterous dogs we encountered in spite of how friendly those pooches were. Be prepared for dogs off-leash.