Tri Pond Park

Tri Pond Park is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wakefield, RI that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

TONS of roots and rocks. Not ideal with smaller children who may trip often.
Also trail does NOT loop. You have to exit the trail and continue on the road to get to the "loop" or just turn around and double back.

This trail is just out my back door and down the hill. That makes it a favorite. Trail has lots of roots and planks over swampy areas. Part of the charm.

short but good

The hike started out great between a pond on the left and brook to our right. The foliage was beginning to peak and the trail was flat and leaf covered. Our first choice was to go straight or right on the yellow trail that would lead us to Asa Pond. We chose the latter which started by going over a nice bridge. This is where the Army Ranger training course began. For the next half mile the trail consisted of planks(some rotted and unstable) large rocks and the biggest collection of roots I have ever seen. This is the first hike I have ever bailed on but I GPSed through private property and followed the main road back to the car.

A nice trail that passes several small ponds. The trail has many wooden planks to help with the rockier, muddier path, but also plenty of roots and rocks to watch out for. The trail is surprisingly quiet once you leave the head on rt. 108, but never to far from suburban neighborhoods. It also links up with the South County Bike path.