Schoolhouse Pond Trail

Schoolhouse Pond Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Charlestown, Rhode Island that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Nice hike through part of Burlingame and the Schoolhouse Pond Preserve in Charlestown, RI. I found this at Auntie Beak's site: http://auntiebeak.com/Aunties-Hike-Finder.html A nice 6.5 mile hike that includes some nice wood trails a stop by a very nice pond. Credit to Auntie Beak: http://auntiebeak.com/Aunties-Hike-Finder.html

Not many people on the trail. If you park at the gps location this takes you to there is a road that intersects the trail so careful if you have pups. Road looks like it hasn't been used but don't know area well enough.

Cool stones walls, 45 min away from me, side trails can be found throughout. Terrain is up and down incline the whole time which is a good workout.

Happy hiking !

Brought my 11 year old lab mix; the dog that sleeps 18 hours a day bounded like a puppy through the woods. Lots of little water crossings, rained the day before so some trail was flooded but easily detoured. Followed the route provided, about 4.5 miles and took about 2 hrs with 2 breaks for water and admiration.

I really enjoyed this trail. Easily marked, good moderate hiking. Beautiful scenery.

I completed this nice 6.5 mile hike I found at Auntie Beak’s Trail Finder today (12/6/15): http://auntiebeak.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/schoolhouse-pond-trail.pdf. This PDF map is accurate so I won’t bother with a full description. I parked on Kings Factory Road where the Vin Gormely Trail enters back in the woods – approx. 41.390687,-71.678756. This hike incorporates part of the Vin Gormely, Schoolhouse Pond Trail, crosses Kings Factory Road to get to the Schoolhouse Pond, and then back to use a portion of the Vin Gormley to complete the loop. I will upload a couple of pictures. Nice hike on a beautiful day!