Maxwell Mays

Maxwell Mays is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coventry, RI that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until December.

Beautiful fall weather, quiet trails and waterfront view. Great nature walk.

Nice easy walk in the woods.

It was very pleasant. A nice walk through different areas. I was surprised not to see any birdhouses in the meadows though, since it is an Audubon area. Came across some deer as I was on my way out, so that was cool.

Nice trail! Although, gypsy moths have taken over the entire trail, and they were a bit of a nuisance.

Enjoyed this trail and will be back. Not too difficult and nice length.

Hiked the white trail. Marked well and very easy!

great hike. there are maps at trail head but take it with a grain pod salt. there are a couple extra trails not on the map. not difficult either. following GPS will get you list the trail is on the other side of road clearly marked by a sign. so don't turn down the road GPS says to. it is on 102

Great trail..only thing with all hints is the GPS is wrong to the entrance. It's right on RT 102 on the left..not off another road. See people's recorded tracks to see where it starts compared to where pin is located for location. Other than that perfect hike the trail is awesome. .

I hiked this trail on 5/8/15 - it was a late Friday afternoon after work. The address is 2082 Victory Highway, Coventry, Rhode Island. This is an actual trail and not a path, especially after the first section which goes through a field. Easy enough for all ages and skill levels, but it has enough features and small elevation changes to make it fun and interesting for everyone. I did the Carr Pond trail and then the Hammond Hill section to complete the loop. This ended up just about 3.4 miles for me which included some side exploration and it took me just about an hour. Nobody else was on the trail but it's looks pretty well worn so I'm thinking a fair amount of people must visit during peak times. I would definitely recommend this hike.

We took this hike as part of an Audubon program studying vernal pools. The trails were easy and pretty, and the story behind the property was interesting.

These January thaws are a tease, but they still are a wonderful chance to get out in mid-winter and enjoy some of our finer nature trails. This was my second visit to Maxwell Mays. My first was very shortly after it opened, when only the white-blazed Carr Pond Trail was open. Since then, the new Hammet Hill trail has opened, more than doubling the amount of available trail. This newest portion offers plenty of fairly rugged, glacial-type terrain, as well as some interesting boulders.