East Bay Bike Path

East Bay Bike Path is a 24.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Providence, RI that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Lots of bumps. A few beautiful water views.

Great views on the water
Spacious
Well maintained
Great for city work outs

Great trail! Gave it a five star but would love to have them clean up the bumps and gaps on some parts of the trail. My suggestion would be start up north, ride 14 miles and plan for lunch in Bristol and then head back. Perfect!.

Being 32 years young now, I've watched the EBBP grow from a dirt covered old set of train tracks into a really nice and pretty long path that stretches over a good portion of our little state. Even thou I am and always will be a mountain biker thru & thru I do find the path to be a great way to get my speedo up into the 20+mph range (when traffic is low) on my trips to and from the many (but way to short) off road trails I have found along the way.
The only thing I have to really complain about is the total lack of common sense (bikers and walker alike) from the users of the path.
#1 ur not Lance Armstrong no matter what it skinny tired bike and that one piece spandex suite cost you so be polite & slow down when you see people coming in either direction
#2 if you do have slower riders in front of you do the right thing and announce that your going to pass. It's as simple as stating "Passing on your left" somewhat loudly.
#3 if you are walking the EBBP then open your eyes and look at the numerous signs posted that say for you to walk INTO oncoming traffic and please move to the side when you see a riders coming your way and clean up your dog shit you lazy fat asses.

Definitely the best bike path in RI. Many places to stop off and grab a bite to eat. I start in Prov and grab something to eat in Bristol.

Very flat and pleasant trail. Great scenery as it rides the Narraganset river down to Bristol.