Breakheart Loop Trail

Breakheart Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Exeter, RI that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail. No wildlife

Nice and simple. Lake is pretty. Saw very little wildlife unfortunately.

Great trail, more easy then moderate. Beautiful area walking through a variety of tree species and different terrain. Stonewalls abound as the trail follows some old colonial roads. Nice area for birding or an enjoyable stroll through the woods.

A beautiful trail. One of my favorites so far. Beautiful beach. Went with my husband and we had a great time. We did 3 miles. In a little over an hour. We will definitely be back soon! Also we saw a snake on the trail and a couple chipmunks and an abandoned rusted antique car in the woods.

Great trail! It had a little bit of everything you would want in a hike. Some parts were narrow with boulders to negotiate. Other parts had wide open dirt roads. Make sure to keep an eye on the map so you don't veer too far off course, especially when you loop back.

Great trail. It's nothing too difficult. Overall little bit of everything. Will be back to better my times!

Check out this track on AllTrails:

Great walk good workout
The trails are poorly marked and you might want to bring a gps enabled deivice
there are a couple places you have to turn onto other trails to follow the loop All trails shows
if I had not brought my cell phone and checked the map my 4mi walk would have become much much longer

A little of everything liked it!

Half of the trail is on what seems to be old logging roads - wide and mostly easy going. The other half is narrow and rocky. Very pretty hike but wouldn't have a brought the stroller if I'd know that! I carried our little one the second half while my husband fought with the stroller. We'd do it again but with the baby in a carrier the whole way!

Easy going trail with a mix of dirt roads and windy trails circling the pond.

Awesome trail. Different routes to take along the way but easy to follow. Great for the dogs and perfect for families. I will definitely be coming back!

Beautiful hike very tranquil

Cool trail. Had a mix of vehicle traveled paths and a little more challenging trail section.

It was nice, very easy trail. Family friendly, large maintained trails.

Beautiful pine carpeted trail with waterfalls and bridges lucked out with a 46° January day recommend it highly