Arcadia Trail

Arcadia Trail is a 10.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Arcadia, RI that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

There are several different trails within Arcadia State Forest, most of the trailed are linked together at some point or another. The main trails are marked fairly well. There are two sides to Arcadia - North of Route 165 and Sounth of Route 165. Most of the parking is just off of Route 165, so its better to choose 1 side or the other, before heading out. **Keep in mind there is also hunting in these woods, wear bright clothing**

nice

Parked near the canoe launch, gorgeous little area with a bathroom. Picked up the yellow trail, followed it across the road and eventually lost the trail. We ran into a family that had a printed map and that was a big help but still struggled a bit to stay on a trail towards the end. Kept listening for the sounds of cars and followed the river back towards the road. Followed what looked liked white triangles and then picked up a blue trail.

Perfect with the kids! Perimeter of pond just long enough for younger kids. Great time away from the beach.

These are the trails East of Bates Schoolhouse Road and South of Ten Rod Road (Rte165). I started the hike on Mt. Tom Trail, entering the woods from the Bates School House Road Point. I was immediately impressed with the clear yellow markings for the trail. This amazement turned to confusion a quarter mile into the trail as there were both yellow and blue markings. Than the yellow disappeared and left the blue. As we continued up the trail, the blue now became white and then eventually disappeared altogether. The saving grace was the well worn trails and the map downloaded from AllTrails along with my gps.

The trails hiked were beginners trails at best. No exertion required. Nice woodsy atmosphere but nothing really worthy of pictures. This would be a good family hike with younger children. .

We couldn't find the trail head for the Arcadia trail, so we went around the pond, up a road and we found it! the trails are very well marked, but with out a map you really don't know where you are going. I looked all over for a map! thought I would find one on this site. disappointed on that. But it was a nice day.

The Arcadia Trail itself is out-and-back, but, being nestled in the Arcadia Management Area, it is possible to loop this into many other trails. Today, I went the out-and-back route. Many people may not like the fact that you get too close to Route 95. However, the trail does coincide with the North-South Trail for a significant period, including, but not limited to the Boulder Field. It also takes you to the Roaring Brook site, an excellent lunch location.

Nice place. Nothing amazing. Worth a trip. All trails worth a trip.

I was looking for the Ben Utter trail but there was no signs for it. I ended up doing part of the North South Trail

I parked at the Arcadia management area and there are plenty of trails off of the main road that runs through it. I only spent a couple hours there but had a great time on the trails. Not a lot of people there either. I went last weekend of May.

Couldn't find the trail. I used used the google maps link and it lead me to a posted private driveway. There were no signs for the trail in that area. Disappointing.