Yough River Trail - Boston to Buena Vista

Yough River Trail - Boston to Buena Vista is a 7.5 mile point-to-point trail located near McKeesport, PA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

7.5 miles 291 feet Point to Point

The start of your tour of the Great Allegheny Passage. (8 miles) This is the part of the Youghiogheny River Trail that I am most familiar with as it is usually my starting point for my bike rides, both long and short. It is almost completely flat and meticulously maintained. I particularly enjoy getting started early in the morning in what would be late winter or early spring. The bend at Dawson Hollow Run is a nice place to see the mist rising off the river. There is also the picnic and camping area at the historic Dravo Cemetary. Any visitors to this area must either walk or bike a mile and a half,which keeps the place neat and clean. There are rest rooms, a water pump, a picnic pavilion and a grassy area to pitch your tents. The large field next to Dravo is rumored to have been an encampment of Queen Alliquipa, a strong native american leader in the area and friend of George Washington.

Love it.. Did 25 miles.. Going all the way to ohiopyle next ride probably next week.. You can stop and take a dip in the river on your ride..

Bike the rails to trails or Canoe access to yough river, Dead Mans Hollow fun to explore

My son and I biked from West Newton with camping gear to the Historic Dravo Cemetery and stayed the night at the camp ground. About 9 miles one way. We didn't have room for all of the gear so we left behind our blanket and pillows. Big mistake. We were uncomfortable and cold all night. Even thought of heading back at 2am..but we toughed it out. Even though it was miserable it will be a memory never forgotten.. We plan on doing it again just better prepared....