Westmoreland Heritage Trail - Delmont Trailhead

Westmoreland Heritage Trail - Delmont Trailhead is a 17 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Export, PA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Westmoreland Heritage Trail is a paved / linestone trail, Currently, it is 8.7 miles long from Delmont to Saltsburg where it connects with the West Penn trail. The trail just finished Phase 2 with plans for it to extend to Trafford, PA.

very nice

Great trail that runs from Saltsburg to Delmont. It's fairly scenic and has a few gradual climbs. Both ends and even Slickville in the middle have nice trail access and parking.

Very nice trail. Two major road crossings with flashing lights. A few short steep grades. Very enjoyable ride.

Nice trail a bit buggy. Had pizza at Iannis after

this is a really nice trail to jog on. clean and safe. not to hard on the feet. no real steep grades.

Nice trail. Little too steep at times. Needs more benches to sit on when catching your breath after a long upgrade.

very flat, easy to ride, very nice overall

I came walking with my dog. I had a great time enjoyed it. Fellow hikers were extremely friendly and nice. The trail is designed for bikers, runners, and those looking for a peaceful yet simple walk in the woods. I should have done my research because I wanted to see the lake and spend time there. I started at the wrong end apparently which was the 8 1/2 mile marker. Does anyone know where the lake is on the trail?

It was great, but more difficult on the return trip. My wife and I rode from Delmont to Saltsburg and the scenery is nice and is a nice ride.

Very nice but could have more picnic areas!

I ran this trail yesterday. I started just off of 819 and parked in a church parking lot. I now see that I should have used the Slickville VFD trail parking. Heading East I ran to Saltsburg and picked up the West Penn trail. This is a great rail-to-trail for running or biking. The trail is in great shape. No real hills to speak of in this section. Maybe a long 1% grade which really feels like a flat run. Saw lots of deer. Nice bridge crossing at Saltsburg. For this San Diegan desert dweller, it was scenic. For locals, I can see how a gently winding trail through the woods can be same-old... Made me melancholy growing up in PA.

Very nice trail. Some scenic areas along the Beaver reservoir and the Loyalhanna river.
Decent parking at either end, I parked on the Delmont side. About 10 parking spaces. The road crossings were good and bad, the bad was the steep decent then acent from the road. The good part was the cautions for the automobilers. In 2 areas, there are lights that flash when a bike approaches, very very nice feature indeed. The incline and decline was a little more substantial than most easy trails, but nothing to fret about.

I like the fact that this trail is expanding, it will end in Trafford someday, according to them. It also has a great link in Saltsburg to the West Penn Trail, which is another great trail I hear. Looking forward to that one soon.

My number 1 dislike about the trail.....bugs. I think I got my protein fix for the day swallowing bugs and my shins were covered.

All in all, good trail, would do again.