Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 15.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wilcox, PA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and backpacking and is accessible from April until October.

15.8 miles Point to Point

A bridge was out across one of the creeks and was not passable without it.

Trail is poorly marked in areas, Not a lot of trail maintenance until you get into the Twin Lakes area where people car camping do day hikes. Some areas were overgrown, Once you get past the overgrown areas into the lake area it was nice.

Hated this trail. Where it was clear cut, briars and bramble made the trail nearly impassable, I didn't like the oil wells. all in all... not a real enjoyable hike. I love the Kane area, and I love the wilderness, but I just did not connect with this trail at all. I even got lost at one point, the trail was so poorly marked and so little traversed. ..But I had my trusty Garmin breadcrumber...

This trailhead is located in the Twin Lakes recreation area. My hike was in summer and the overgrowth made for a difficult hike. combined with the wet, dewy mornings, soaked within hours. I never end short of a hike, but this one i did. Best to go in the spring to avoid the overgrowth. Overall, The Allegheny Natl Forest is awesome to hike. mileage is round trip.