Tumbling Run Trail

Tumbling Run Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar Run, PA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

This is one of my family's favorite trails. You do need to cross a stream in the beginning and finding the trail's start can be tricky. When you get to the stream, not far from parking, cross it and go straight along the right side of the smaller stream that joins up with it. After a short walk the trail becomes more obvious and you'll just follow that smaller stream the whole way up and back. Other than some vandalism at the top, this is a great hike. Expect to get a little wet.

FYI!...sorry, I just reviewed Pole Steeple below...not Tumbling Run!

I would call this a more moderate hike rather than easy because of the millions of huge boulders and steep "stairs". I must say, the view from the summit is breathtaking! this hike is worth it! I did hear of snakes on this trail and other trails surrounding but that's to be expected in this area...just come prepared. (although we didn't see any on our many hikes up this trail...) Make sure to follow the blazers, there are a few ways to get to top. Enjoy!

Fun, short trail with a nice view at the top and some great waterfalls and small pools on the way up.