Tucquan Glen Loop Trail

Tucquan Glen Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pequea, PA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Family and dog-friendly loop hike mostly along a beautiful stream. Although this is a loop hike, I strongly suggest beginning with the left or lower side of the loop. This will keep the stream on your right side the entire hike. You'll begin by crossing a small stream on a bridge - to the left of the Tucquan Glen sign. It's an easy hike with part of it along an old logging road. Follow the blue blazes. You'll pass the remains of an old homestead. The gorge will narrow as you get closer to the halfway point and you'll have some beautiful waterfalls over huge rocks. At the halfway point you'll reach the railroad tracks. Turn right along the tracks and cross the bridge over Tuquan Creek. After another 100 feet or so the trail will head sharply uphill on the right. The stream will be out of sight for the first third of the return trip but the trail returns to it soon.

One of our favorite little hikes around!

Can be alittle busy during the summer, but a beautiful place. There are a few trails, some with hills and rocks, others with waterfalls and a bridge and creeks.

beautiful trail we did all color

Amazing trail! hike was moderate, lots of boulders and log crossings. waterfalls and swimming holes are located aling the train and it lets out at the susquehanna river which is a beautiful swim with gorgeous veiws!! I recomend it to everyone!

Very nice trail.

Great trail and very dog friendly. I'd advise to leash your dogs at all times as there are usually at least 5 others dogs on the trail any given time!

nice hike. If you start out on the right, I recommend picking up part of the red blazed trail which is a part of the Conestoga trail system. It's a steep climb up, but you get a really nice view of the river. After that I turned around and picked up the Tucquan loop again.

Did this hike a couple of days ago. Definitely be careful on parking - lot is very small with a few more spaces further up River Rd. However, I do think the limited parking does keep trail traffic minimized, which is a nice thing when you want to get away and experience some peace. I did the white trail heading towards the river from the trailhead, which was high and away from the creek. Eventually it joined with orange on the way down to the river. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would because not a soul in sight on this part of my hike. On the way back from the river, I took yellow to stay with the creek. Definitely a lot of scrambling over rocks, and definitely more people. I was glad for my hiking boots, and was shocked by how many people I saw trying to traverse the rocks in flip flops. Lots of people are coming back here to swim in the natural pools. Beautiful setting, but the people splashing around in the pools kind of ruined it for me. I found a quiet place near some falls right near the river, and got a few moments of peace. But my calves were definitely smarting from the mile+ of rock hopping. If I go back, I might try the blue trail. TAKE YOUR BUG SPRAY, especially if you plan to take any creek side trails. They were downright annoying. 4 stars, only because even with lighter traffic from limited parking, I found people's behavior (and language) a little bothersome.

love it

There were many ways to go and I look forward to going all of them.

very nice trail dog and kid friendly

Fantastic! Nice little hike to get the blood flowing. The creek has a few little falls and certainly enough beauty to capture your attention while you hike. A good date hike for sure. Equipped with photo opportunities and all!!

Fun little hike. Be careful in the winter because it was quite icy. Also had to brave it through a small creek at the end which was a bit cold.

this is a nice trail for a summer hike. but there is no way for a horse to complete the loop. the trail goes over rocks and through rhodadendron bushes.