Tionesta National Scenic Area Trail

Tionesta National Scenic Area Trail is a 1 mile loop trail located near Wetmore Twp, PA. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Well maintained trail, markings are excellent. Very easy trail, did the "long" loop and it took about an hour. I was in no rush, enjoying the scenery and the nice weather. Only rated four stars because the trail lengths are not marked on the trail signs. When I came to the intersection of "short loop" and "long loop" I had no idea what I might be getting into. Better signage please. The long loop is the one I chose and took an hour to complete.

Walked this trail with my wife a few days ago. Very peaceful place. Seems well maintained, there were a few trees that had recently fallen over the trail, but they had all been sawed off, so someone watches this trail closely. Good for the family and there are no unpleasant spots we found. Great trail!

This is my old 'stomping grounds" as they say, as I really grew up on this trail in the 70's, expolring all the nooks and crannies as only a child can. We had a cabin in the Allageny forest where we went to escape the world, run the dogs and enjoy the bliss of nature. It has many stone outcropings and welll defined trails. But the real fun for me was getting off trail and exploring. Don't miss Tionesta it is full of wonder and surprises. At least it was to me growing up.

Old growth forest, pretty neat. a national scenic area. located in the Alleghany Natl Forest.