The Pinnacle Trail Loop

The Pinnacle Trail Loop is a 13 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hamburg, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

13.0 miles 1995 feet Loop

A great hike on portions of the Appalachian Trail. Observatory is enroute to Pinnacle with outstanding views of Lehigh Valley and Interstate 78. Lots of wildlife to watch along the way. From the gate follow the road up to the Appalachian Trail, follow the white blazes through the switch backs then climb to the summit of Pulpit Rock then continue on the trail for about 2 miles then follow the blue blazed trail to the summit. Backtrack on the blue blazed trail from the summit and follow the Appalacian Trail towards Eckville. Once you hit an open meadow, a blue blaze trail will be on your left. Take this trail and it will bring you down to a reservior. Follow the reservior road back to the parking area.

I love this place, good long hearty hike with a beautiful view. Good day trip.

Hiked the full loop today. It took us about 5 1/2 -6 hours which included sitting & enjoying the views at the Pulpit and The Pinnacle. We also wondered off the path to climb rocks to heights that would offer us a different perspective of the landscape and views. I strongly recommend packing your lunch and making a day of this beautiful site.

We parked at the reservoir parking area and walked up the road all the way through the observatory and to pulpit rock. We took in the views and took photos there and then headed north on the AT to the pinnacle. The views were beautiful and we found and walked through the cave below. It was much larger that i thought. We ate snacks here and then headed north on the AT again to the blue blazed trail on the left at the open field. We went down past the reservoir to the parking area. 8.3 miles for the route we took.

Hiked Pulpit Trail to Pinnacle Trail to Furnace Creek Trail. Originally planned to do it in reverse but the No Trespassing signs at the reservoir deterred me (apparently you can ignore those). Glad I did the route I did though. Hike up to Pulpit was moderately step near the end with the final stretch climbing up rocks. Hike to Pinnacle was great. Rocky trail but level with a few spots of boulder hopping. Great views through the trees of the valley. Pinnacle vista was a lot more massive than I imagined. Even though it was packed, you can find a spot to take in the view. Hike down was basically an easy dirt road and with nothing to break it up, it was pretty boring for the most part. The parking lot was pretty full when I arrived at 10am and cars were parked halfway down the drive when I left so it's a real popular trail. I was able to hike alone for the most part though. The vistas are where the crowds congregated.

A great hike. My friends and I came out early in the morning and nobody was here. We really enjoyed the view.

Anyone know the best spot to park at for the pinnacle?

A great Pennsylvania section of the AT. Two beautiful views and hike by a creek past the reservoir. Typical PA ridgeline "shark teeth" rock, with a mix of smooth trail. It lost a star with me because of it being such a popular place the weekends are a bad time to go. Just to crowded to enjoy the views.

I loved this hike. The trail is well marked and so beautiful.

Decent trail. Hundreds of people tho. Not too steep. Did 9.44 miles in 3.5hrs with stops along the way.

Great quick hike. We started late on a Friday afternoon and stayed out overnight and was back early the next morning. Trail was a fairly rocky but not too hard. Both pulpit rock and the pinnacle was completely fogged in when we were there. Definitely going to do it again

Fun trail. Great view payoff

great views from the and there's a cave in the rocks on top

Great trail.. lots of challenges for a 60yr old hiker ..

This trail was awesome! Pretty exhausting for a 27 year old fit female although I don't hike ever weekend! Great, great trail!

Long Trail, itching to do it again