Sunset Rocks Trail

Sunset Rocks Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gardners, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Be aware that the gps will take yoi to a spot on the trail where yoi cannot park. Go to the parking area by the AT Museum and then begin the hike. Beautiful trail and the climb up the rocks is well worth it!

For a beginning hiker it was a huge challenge. Well that and being out of shape lol. Gorgeous view halfway through and it is a lesser used trail so it's very quite.

Great hike for us and the dogs. We will definitely be do this again in the near future. The GPS is wrong on here, ignore the first lo e leg and head strait to the y of the loop. There is parking there.

One of my favorites in the area because of the diversity. I typically park near camp Michaux and walk the loop from there.

rock scrambles were very cool ...

loved this hike! blazes were well marked and hiking along the Appalachian Trail is always fun! really cool to see the exact halfway point of the Trail, as well. very steep at the beginning, then levels off, balancing it out to a moderate hike. take Old Shippensburg Rd all the way to its end to get to the trailhead. my dog was ok navigating through the rocks at the top.

Moderate trail only because one section was moderately difficult. Love the fact that it's a loop. It had lots of variety... Woods hiking, streams with fun little bridges, rock climbing and lots of ups and downs. Park at Pine Grove Furnace below the general store. Talk to the ranger in the large "White House" for a map or advice if you'd like. Bring water.

I really enjoyed this hike and the great scenic views. The best part was the variety. Some parts can be challenging so to me it was a moderate trail. I would definitely recommend it!

twas a good time

Enjoyed the hike. Was a little challenging at the rock scramble. Only took 4 hours to complete.

Rock scramble was awesome. Blazes were hard to follow at times, but trail was fairly easy to follow. We parked at Pine Grove Furnace. It was a good hike and great workout.

I'm a somewhat experienced hiker. I found this trail to be somewhat challenging to keep track of as the blazes are not well marked, especially compared to the appalachain trail. The lookouts are pretty good, but watch out for copperheads in the summertime.

We have hiked this trail several times. The rock scramble is very challenging.

An excellent hike. I'd consider myself a casual hiker and while I struggled a little on the steeper parts, I came through in one piece. The rock scramble wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected but I had plenty of companions to help. I would not recommend the boulders for someone alone and inexperienced.