Slippery Rock Gorge Trail

Slippery Rock Gorge Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Slippery Rock Township, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is a 6.2 mile point to point trail located near Slippery Rock Township, Pennsylvania. It is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & rock climbing and is accessible from March until November. Dogs must be kept on leash.

My grandson and I hiked on a very hot August day. Glad to have the river nearby to cool off. During his Thanksgiving visit he wants to go back and do it again. Great time.

Me and the old lady drove 3 hours to hike this trail after seeing it on here. Many ups and downs as previously stated, which tired her out. We made it more than 3/4 of the way through before we turned around. What a great time though! Definitely not an easy trail. We saw a few people, stopped and talked to a couple of them and they were incredibly friendly. Overall, we had a blast and will be going back to finish this trail.

Great trail for a day long hike, though children and elderly might get tired of all the up and down elevation changes. A nice long section runs by the creek and there are some beautiful rock formations there. I prefer to bring two cars and park one at each end because this trail is a really great workout, but it's exhausting by the time you reach the end if you're not a regular hiker/backpacker.

Love this trail. The wind and the rain made it a special treat in that as we walked the beautiful yellow leaves fell like confetti. There were 12 kids, 3 adults, no animals. Kids did fabulous. Was hoping for elevation increase or something to make it a "rigorous" but all in all it was fabulous.

Great trail if you want a workout. some nice scenery too. The mill area is much more scenic but the rest is very peaceful. I love the boulders near the river so I suggest you check out the other trails near the mill as well. Around 12 miles if you do the full out and back so give yourself 6 hours or so.

Not the most scenic but a phically taxing trail.

Really pretty trail with some good ups and downs (literally). The only downside is no awesome views at the end. You can at least swim in the river!

We parked at Hell's Run and walked the trail and then back. Took us about 4.5 hours for the 12.5 miles, but that was with stopping to swim halfway.

My favorite trail in western PA. Great place to hike or trail run.

If you go in the summer bathe in bug spray because they are awful. Probably the worst mosquitos I have ever encountered... However, great hike! Also, wear shoes with really good traction, "Slippery Rock Gorge" is no joke.

It was an awesome hike. I'd have to say this was our favorite next to Old Man's Cave in Hocking Hills. It was definitely an awesome work-out. We didn't go all the way to the covered bridge...we both have some knee issues so we cut off about 3 miles. My GPS on AllTrails said 11 miles when we got back in.

My only issue is with AllTrails shutting down randomly and it continues to lose the trail markers...but there was no issue with finding our way; the trail is very clear. I just have an issue with it dropping our mileage from 11 at the end to 9.3 once it posts.

My husband and I did this hike with another couple. It is a beautiful hike and we all loved it! Keep in mind it is a strenuous hike and takes a few hours. Make sure you are prepared.

We started at Hell's Hollow and hiked to Eckert Bridge. It was a challenging hike and make sure to bring plenty of water. The elevations toward the middle of the hike were killer. Side not make sure to check the weather beforehand. My brother and I got stuck in the middle of a severe thunderstorm with strong winds and rain. It got pretty intense a few point with lighting striking in close proximity. Overall great trail for experienced hikers!

This is a good challenging trail. I ended up hiking the entire 13 miles approx (6.7 miles point to point) solo on a Friday morning. Took me 5 hours and didn't pass a single person except for a few folks hiking near the hells hallow parking lot. The path itself is marked and maintained very well, so no concerns getting lost. Will definitely be back soon!

I hiked the first 2 miles from the Hell's Hollow side. I have to say, this is one of the best trails I've EVER been on. And I live only a 1/2 hour away and never knew about it! Hard hike up and down, but I'm not in the best of shape and did the 2 miles down and 2 miles back (with Rueger the dog) and was fine (wiped out the rest of the day though). Simply spectacular views of the forest and wildlife. I couldn't have loved it more!

Nice hike with varying terrain and views of Slippery Rock creek below. Caution - this is more like 6.5 ~ 6.7 miles not the 5.3 that is listed so be prepared. At times it can be very relaxing then get very challenging with switchback hill climbs and narrow sections. Trail was well maintained with some uneven footing in different places so poles would be suggested. Overall nice hike.

Very good and challenging when dry. Varied terrain. Dangerous after heavy rain.

It's been a while since I hiked that long but I wanted a work out and I got it. Is a great trail very well marked with blue. It's not for everyone a little rugged in spots The trail eventually takes you down by the water which is where I said on one of the huge rocks and had a small lunch. Looking forward to doing this one again. And I'm 56.

10 mile hike (North Country Trail from McConnells Mill to 5 mile Marker Sign and Back) 29k steps, 104 Floor Stairs equivalent, 5 hours. At a moderate pace it's a good hike. Beautiful geological and natural scenery along the Slippery Rock. The younger Boy Scouts that were with us found it difficult. Lots of ups and downs.

Trail was moderately difficult, but offered little as far as views go. Not bad if you live near the area, but definitely not worth the hour drive I took.