Ranger Trail

Ranger Trail is a 19.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spring Grove, PA that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

There are an assortment of trail loops in this area. This is the North Eastern part of Codorus State Park. There are plenty of scenic views of the lake as well as an amazing pine tree forest area. The scenery varies quite a bit throughout the different trail loops.

This is my favorite area of Codorus State Park, because of the pine tree forest area. I thought this was the best until I saw it in summer. The grandeur of the trees in rows absolutely takes your breath away.

The trails are pretty obvious based on the ware patterns, but it is a little difficult to figure out where you are going due to all the loop intersections. The first time I hiked this in winter, I did the outermost loop and was amazed at the change in scenery from lake to pine forest to normal forest, to field and back.

I will say that dodging all the horse poop is a bit annoying when you are trying to look at everywhere but down. But I guess it's nice that there is a trail area open to horseback riding that isn't a long a main road.