Raccoon Creek Trail

Raccoon Creek Trail is a 7.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hanover Twp, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Various parking locations at the heads of various minor trails and camp grounds are available for use.

nice trail. under estimated the elevation changes with a heavy pack on. was quite the adventure to camp out during an ice storm , and then hike back out the next day. I will be back to complete the entire loop. great work out

good family trip

Nice park close to home

Nice area for being a small state park. Trail heads were easy to find and had large gravel lots. Did the heritage trail starting from the southern trail head near 30 and hiked north, turning it into a loop using some connector trails, which were not well marked. The trail was easy and not a whole lot to see, but it wasn't crowded and was a nice walk

Spent Easter weekend in pouring rain backpacking. It was pretty good. Only two sleep over camp sites though so you have to maneuver the loop trail to your liking. I hiked from the office up the long way around to first site. Really liked the half hooches and the space. Hiked about hour and half or so to the next site and decided to punch through and head back to Jeep. Loved it for just an over nighter though.

Perfect 2 day backpack right outside of Pittsburgh. The section by the spillway is a little overgrown and the a bridge is out but the rest of the trail is nice.Recommend sleeping in one of the shelters.

Good trail..great two places to only really camp along 20 mile triail.

My husband and I camped/hiked here for the weekend. There had been storms all week and during our stay so we knew it would be muddy and buggy but we did not expect such over growth. At times it was hard to even see the trail/ground due to the amount of plants - literally wading through seas of plants for half of our hiking - causing us both to take a few falls, couldn't see roots or downed limbs so please be careful. The hiking itself was nice - different levels of difficulty throughout the park.

Completed this trail the weekend after Christmas with 3 other friends and had a great time! The weather was around 50 degrees in the day, but dropped down into the 30's at night. We decided to book one of the shelters the morning before we left and I'm glad we did because it poured all night long. The shelter was great though! No leaks and we all kept completely dry. The camping/shelter area was pretty nice with a lot of fire rings and picnic tables. I wouldn't consider this a difficult trail to complete; don't get me wrong though, there are some pretty good climbs, but for the most part it's a nice easy hike with some good scenery! There were a few spots along the trail that were pretty muddy, but it's not hiking unless you get a little dirty right?! haha Overall, this is a good hike especially in winter with no bugs and not having to worry about overgrowth. also, definitely check out the wetlands trail if you go there, pretty interesting!

Ok, I hiked the loop which was a decent trail. However, for me there was too much mud, spiders, Mosquitos, and over growth on the trail. I don't mind those things here and there along the trail but not when I'm cleaning spiders off my face every 15 mins. I'm glad I wore good sturdy hiking boots due to all the mud (the horses have really chewed up the trail). I saw someone had lost a shoe in the mud at one spot. Looking back would I do it again? Probably not. There just wasn't enough to see along the way. I would rather spend my time at Slippery Rock.

Hiked the trail in the rain, so the track got a little sloppy, particularly on Appalossa trail where horseback riding is allowed. If you're not doing the backpacking loop I would suggest avoiding the all purpose trails where possible. Besides that, both the trails and the campsites were nice and uncrowded with some beautiful scenery to take in. An excellent trail to get your legs under you at the start of the season.