Quebec Run Outer Loop Trail

Quebec Run Outer Loop Trail is a 10.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Farmington, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

10.6 miles 1955 feet Loop

Challenging circut of thedesignated Wild Area (10 miles) This hike takes the long route around the circumference of the Quebec Run Wild Area. Starting closkwise, the Miller Tr. (1 mile) takes you down the hill into the run. You meet the Mill Run Tr. and a short detour across the bridge will take you to the Grist Mill foundations. There are several easy stream crossings and the more difficult ones have bridges. It's 1.5 miles to the bottom of West Rd. The Tebolt Trail (3.9 miles) is a newer trail that is a steady climb up the run. There are several challenging stream crossings and in one case the stream has broken its banks and runs down the trail itself for 100 feet. The Hess Tr. (4.2 miles) has varried terrain with a substantial climb up out of Quebec Run. Legend has it that Confederate raiders hid captured Union gold in a cave above the run and sealed it with a dynamite blast. The "Gold Mine" are numerous pits where searches have dug for the lockbox. No gold has ever been found.

Great trail. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there are no big views. Besides that it is a great loop with the last part coming up miller trail is awesome climb to end the hike. I also saw a bear on tebolt trail which was great.

These trails are a welcome alternative to the casual hikes that are often crowded at nearby Ohiopyle. It's serene, challenging in spots, and wild; in fact, we came upon a 3-foot timber rattler lying in the middle of Trebolt Trail. We simply took another trail and made our way back to Mill Run via Quebec Road. It's easy to navigate the area now as the parking lots have trail maps. Overall, it was well worth the rutted roads and reptile encounter.

Beautiful trails to run your dogs.

I walked Quebec Run Rd to Tebot trail. It's a gentle and beautiful descent typical of the Laurel Highlands. Liked the looks of the primitive campsites -- especially the one at the intersection of Rankin Trail and Quebec Run Road. An added bonus is that I trimmed the walk down to about 7 miles which is doable. I loved the peaceful Mill Run. My track is uploaded. I would rate this trail as moderate compared to some of the New Hampshire trails I'd traversed, however, Miller Trail is a great work out.

Ok

I did the counter clockwise loop. The 10.2 isnt accurate. its more like 12-13 miles if you do the entire outer loop. No biggie. The trail was nicely maintained. The trail is definately challenging. The hardest part was the last 2-3 miles on the miller and mill run trail.

Did the entire loop in 5 hours, mostly moderate trails but The Hess Trail section from Quebec Run on was pretty much all uphill till the end, luckily it was fairly cool or it would have been a bit rough. Nearly every stream I crossed was dry except in the areas that had footbridges early on in the loop and Quebec run so I'd recommend bringing enough water to last you the day. Passed lots of very nice campsites. Only saw one other hiker, although it was a Tuesday and I went early. Also the trailhead is off the beaten path and was a pretty rocky ride even in my jeep,. When I got there, there were no maps at the start. Luckily I had enough cell service to screenshot one from the Internet. Definitely a nice trip though and easy to get to from Pittsburgh.

It was a really lovely hike that was a bit of a challenge without being taxing. A lot of it is along water and I would love to go again when its a bit warmer and do some swimming. (there were some nice pools but the dogs in our party were the only ones willing to dive in in April). There were also some good camping/picnic spots. I posted a link that has the trail maps and all of the distances of the different segments, the trails are all clearly signed witch is nice too. Lots of deer trails so I'm sure if you went in the evening or the early morning you'd see some wildlife.

This is a great trial for a quick overnight and just 20 min. from my home. Well marked and a variety of terrain. The only downside is that it's pretty busy on the weekends during the summer months.

The Quebec Run Wild Area is one of most scenic hiking areas in SW Pennsylvania. Located on the eastern slope of Chestnut Ridge, this heavily forested area has a network of well marked red blazed trails and old logging roads ( not blazed ) Numerous mountain streams flow off the ridges, namely Quebec Run, and Tebolt Run, down into the valley into Mill Run, which meanders along the valley floor. Portions of this area were logged as recent as the 1940's, thus, the forest is still in it's growth stage. Rankin Trail and Tebolt Trail pass through thick mountain laurel and hemlock, with several secluded camp sites located along these streams, there are also several sites along Mill Run. Big Sandy Creek is the largest stream flowing through the Wild Area but has no established trails leading to it, can access it only in late Fall to early Spring by bushwacking. I would like to see the trail network expand by accessing this area with blazed trails. Remains one of my favorite hiking locations.

Parked at Teabolt trailhead, hiked Teabolt, Mill Run, Rankin and the southern half of Hess trails (about 8.5 miles combined). Very diverse trails with a lot of elevation changes on the western half of Rankin and southern half of Hess. All the trails offer drastic changes in scenery and offer excellent camping spots that have already been created. Most scenic were Rankin and Mill Run, with Rankin offering several bridges to cross.

I live 20 minutes away. Ride these trails often. Really good place to get a workout in peace . So far this season been there twice kinda wet and slick but had great time