Peters Mountain to Victoria Trail

Peters Mountain to Victoria Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Halifax, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Good easy trail. Great views at Shock Rock and Table Rock. Take the kids and/or the dog it is a good introduction to hiking and the Appalachian Trail.

I stumbled upon this one day wondering.The best view around!!

Great hike! Well worth the trip.

It's a good hike with different sceneries as you hike.

My son and I just started Back packing. Dec. 30th was our 1st night out. this section was later in the day, After passing the Victorian trail we stopped at the shelter for lunch around 130 pm. we decided to hump it to the next shelter. The weather did not help with much views it was fogged out and cool, around 40 degrees. trail was a lot faster to walk than I thought it would be. Happy feet area. But that's just me.

very good trail good scenic outlooks trail not to hard

Appalachian Trail North. An easy hike. The trail is highly traveled by both hikers and runners. About a half mile from the trail head are the power lines - "Shock" Rock where you may enjoy the beautiful vistas of the Blue Mountain on one side and the valleys on the other side. At 2.0 miles from the trail head is Table Rock. It is relatively easy to go down the rocks and climb on to the outcropping to bask in the sun. The only part I didn't like about the trail are the number of spider webs. During our hike we were also warned by a runner of a sighting of bears - 2 Cubs and the Mother.

Trail head is very easy to find and has plenty of space for parking. The first view you'll come to is at the power lines, "Shock Rock." The trail continues about 1.5 miles to the Table Rock. You can't miss it. Well worth the view. Small elevation changes make this an easy hike for anyone willing to walk the distance.

Nice walk, mostly level ground but there are a few places where the trail veers off and descends a little way down the mountainside, only to come back up again a little later. Great views of Clarks Valley, and of farmland and the Susquehanna River Valley. Ideal for people from Harrisburg and the West Shore who don't mind driving 15 minutes to reach the trail.