Ontelaunee Lake Loop

Ontelaunee Lake Loop is a 15.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fleetwood, PA that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

This was my home walking area for years less then a trail its more like many short trails. Lots of free parking around the lake. You cannot get lost you will either come to the lake or a road. Great for fall and spring migrating snow geese watching. The lake is drinking water for the city so no boats allowed. Lots of changing scenery

This is more of a mea culpa than a review. This is not a true trail, but a track that takes you around the lake. I created the initial map after starting out from my neighborhood. That's why it went through the housing development, Rick. I completed a trail that truly takes you around Ontelaunee and nothing else. Most of the trail is on-road, but the segment between West Shore Drive and Route 662 is off-road trail. See the picture embedded at the end of West Shore Drive to get a better idea. I added the track both with and without pictures. Free parking is available where Peters Creek meets Maiden Creek Road. Again, sorry for the confusion on the initial trail!

Followed the map link from iPhone AllTrails app today, June 8, 2013 - ended up in the middle of a housing development. No signs to the trail. Worked our way back to the lake to talk with a fisherman. This "trail" is not well known or used as a bike trail. There needs to be a better map of the actual trail. Personally, from my experience today - there is no trail - unless perhaps someone is creating one of their own out of roadways and 20 inch high grass. Would love to think I am wrong about this and come back someday - open to folks telling me where this "trail" really is located. (Also - what sort of surfaces? - road pavement, gravel, dirt/mud, grass, etc. Is it being maintained or is it just someone's wish for a trail?? Don't mean to be so down on my commentary but we drove about 90 minutes to get to this place only to find that it probably doesn't exist as a real trail. We found one area on the western side of the lake where a bridge has been closed and there is a section of road about 2 miles long with very little traffic. That did provide a nice short ride along the lake, but I had been looking for a 20-mile plus trail which is what this entry says this is.

Absolutely beautiful! Perfect for light trail riding. No posted signs for parking or entrance of trail. Kind of have to find your own way.

is in walking distance from my home, I never see anyone on bikes thou, just hikers and people fishing, good fishing by the way full of perch and large mouth bass