North Park-Wildwood Mine Loop Trail

North Park-Wildwood Mine Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Allison Park, PA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Loop along part of the Rachel Carson Trail. (4 miles) Venture Outdoors (www.ventureoutdoors.org) sponsors a number of night hikes in North Park. This particular hike is a 4 mile loop at the south end of the park beginning at Pie Traynor Fields. From there is goes down into Rocky Dell Run along a section of the Rachel Carson Trail. You pass through a shelter originally built in the 1920's when the park was new but since abandoned. The trail runs through stands of hemlock and crosses the creek several times before meeting up with the abandoned rail line and then climbing out of the valley. One enters a broad grassy field that is reclaimed from local deep mining. At this point, you leave the clear trail and cut across the field up the hill before reentering the woods and looping back to the start. Since I did this hike at night, there was not much to see but if you paid attention you could tell you were in the hemlocks by the scent of the trees. VO is planning on adding this loop to their day hike program.

At times it was confusing to follow the trail, but not terrible. At points the trail provided for a more secluded feeling but still fairly close to roads and other places in the park. Not bad for a short hike

Nice trail but really poorly blazed - we couldn't even finish the loop because it got confusing 2/3 in and we turned around.

Took our 4 and 7 year old boys. Easy enjoyable hike for them. Agree markers could be better. Really beautiful though, even though so close to hustle and bustle, it really feels secluded

Nice short hike to do with a dog. I have an older dog with arthritis issues so we can't do what we used to. But she still loves to go. This hike was perfect for her. A lot to explore. Enough seclusion to feel like you were getting away. I agree the trail markings were few and far between and hard to follow when you did find them. I found it enjoyable with the map with this app.

Got a little backwards because the specific trail isn't clearly marked, so I think I missed a few spots. Plus, I had to do some steep hill climbing to get back to a main trail. But, I wasn't in a hurry, so I enjoyed myself anyway.

Great easy and quick trail for a nice after work activity. Dog friendly on leash. Easy to navigate even though the trails could be better marked.

Good hike with varied terrain and some very pretty spots. Love jumping creeks and wooded hill climbs.

Nice, easy-moderate hike. Not clearly marked trail paths, but easy to find your way around the multiple trails which intersect each other. This is located behind the pool of North Park. Some moderate inclines and declines, but not too strenuous at any one point.

There are numerous short trails around the park, however, no marking for the stated trail could be found. We traveled around for more than one and half hour from one color markings to another and encountered some uphill and downhill climbs.

North park has some of the best single track mountain bike trails around

short, but there are a lot of trails inside the loop to double back on. also, there are great uphill climbs off-trail.