North Country Trail: New York Border to Red Bridge

North Country Trail: New York Border to Red Bridge is a 29.2 mile point-to-point trail located near Bradford, PA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and camping. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

29.2 miles 600 feet Point to Point

Hiked from the PA/NY border to Sugar Run Rd. Super wet and steamy as it had stormed the night before but great nonetheless. Completely alone the whole day except for the chipmunks. Plan to continue until I complete the 100 miles or so in the Allegheny National Forest. Always on the hunt for hiking partners as well.

I backpacked this with my boyfriend last summer a week after a big storm. so I understood why so manytrees were down on the path. I absolutely loved it though. there were certain areas were the trail and blaze were hard to find so we were worried that we were still on thetrail and suddenly after awhile one would show up. the views are amazing and so are the sources of wster, we have a water filter just in case but all the spring water was so pure and clean. this was my first multi day hike and this trail was wonderful. I am college rower and he is a marine so certain areas maybe strenuous for others, take that into consideration

Backpacked with my son in 2 days. Should have taken at least part of 3. I don't know about the shelters the other reviewer is talking about, I suspect he has it confused with a nearby trail. We geocached our way along the trail and had a blast. Like I said, we should have taken longer than 2 days. We were spent about 1/2 through the second day but made it. It was blistering hot in the sun (upper 90's). Most of the trail was under the canopy which felt about 20 degrees cooler

great trail and very scenic,hiked in 2 days and would definitely recommend it to others

Started in PA and hiked to red house bridge over 3 days. The over all trip is seperated well. There are leen-toos about every 7 miles. The trail is clearly marked about every 20ft. We even were able to complete the first part of our trip in the dark. Each lean-too is well kept and all have picnic benches at each one. Alot of ups and down in elevation thru entire trip. overall great time....

Spent numerous nites over various dates. From the border, south, very nice. Great views along the reservoir, into the bays. Camping at Handsome Lake CG is especially nice. Late fall is great.