New Freedom - York Country Heritage Rail Trail

New Freedom - York Country Heritage Rail Trail is a 21.6 mile out and back trail located near New Freedom, PA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible from March until November.

Great for biking or walking! It is a beautiful trail and I definitely will tell you to go on the trail if your into the outdoors.

My wife and I have biked the entire trail several times. I take the kids on day trips and we do 6 to 10 miles sections at a time. Mostly level, some gentle inclines, packed gravel and well care for. Very nice trail for young ones to ride on. Great trail for biking, hiking, nature watching, birding, and picnics!

Easy ride. Packed gravel the whole way. Some road crossings where walking your bike across is not a bad idea. No big hills even grade the whole way.

I took several videos of this trail using a flip video camcorder. You can view them on YouTube by searching under my username: gplayer01, or York Heritage Rail Trail. I rode the trail from York down to the Mason Dixon Line (past New Freedom) and back. It was a super hot day, but a good and easy ride.