Monocacy Hill Trail

Monocacy Hill Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Birdsboro, PA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Mountain Biking is not allowed during the months of April and May.

nice views

Ran the trail last Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was very quiet as it was wet and drizzling. Was able to find my way around with no problems at all as the trails are well marked and easy to see. Between both runs did all of the trails other than the rail trail. Lots of rocks and some roots make it slightly challenging, especially going up the main monocacy hill trail and near the top it is almost impossible to run at all as you are going from rock to rock. Lots of leaves down right now doesn't help either. Sunday was much nicer and was a lot more crowded but still had almost the entire creek trail to myself. Monocacy trail was quite crowded with a ton of people on the top so had to wait in line a little bit. Very challenging run going up the hill, harder than Misery in my opinion with the steepness and the amount of rocks. Overall, really happy and this is now one of my go to places for trail running. View up top was awesome!

Nice trails. Good for novice to intermediate riders. All trails good to bike except the top portion of the White trail. Worth the hike up though to see the view.

Lit

I was pleasantly surprised at how great this place was for family mountain biking. I have two daughters, ages 10 and 12. All of the low trails were perfect for us. There were plenty of challenging down hills, climbs, and rock gardens. We did not get to explore all of the trails, but we hope to in the near future. The Monocacy Hill trail to the top is a good climbing challenge. Once you get to the very top, it was unrideable for us. We hiked about 50 yards to the overlook, then we came back down the same way we went up. Note that mountain biking is not allowed during the months of April and May.

My first time here I chose the Hill Trail. I wore my two year old on my back. It was a lot of fun. Very difficult for me, especially while babywearing. The lookout was beautiful. The way down was steep but manageable. For my first time doing something this skill level it went better than expected.

First time there..pretty awesome! Wore my dogs out.

Great hike! Took us about an hour to go over the top and back! Look forward to coming back once the leaves on the trees.

Love this trail! Dogs and kids love it too! Great view from the top!

Great trek to the top. Good views. Steep downhill if you go down the back side of the hill. Moderate difficulty if you go right up and over. Go when dry! Poor trail drainage.