Minister Creek Trail

Minister Creek Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sheffield, PA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My GF and I hiked the Southern and Northern loop yesterday and had a great time, beautiful area. Be ready for some up and down walking littered with a lot of roots and downed trees. Our only complaint, like some on here, is the lack of markings. We went off trail numerous times as the diamonds simply weren't there. Most of the time you know you are on the trail but at a few tricky junctions you were left guessing as to which way to go. When you get deep in the woods you like a little reassurance you are going the right way. Based on the conditions it took us nearly 4 hrs. to finish, so make sure you leave yourself enough time when starting. Other than the markings I highly recommend this hike, it is gorgeous.

Great sites, cool scenery, fantastic rock formations and an overall very enjoyable hike. Unfortunately, the trail is not very well maintained. The trail markings are poor and we ended up off trail on numerous occasions. Still had an amazing time and would recommend this hike in a heart beat.

Overall, beautiful trail. Good variety of vegetation, large rocks, and beautiful streams. We started on the right side of the north loop trail and ending on the side by the overlook. There are some really huge boulders you walk in between. There was one part of the trail where there weren't any white diamonds, but keep following the blue tree marks until you see another white diamond and proceed from there. We also came across quite a few trees down covering parts of the trail.

North loop. Very nice overnight loop.

Loved it

Great trail! We did the whole north trail in 3 hours. My Fitbit said it was about 6.5-7 miles. No service to track the hike. Just be prepared to walk up and down the mountain 3 times. Great, beautiful hike though!! Recommend!

It was a beautiful trail in the Alleghany National Forest. Moderate difficulty but with some surprises that demanded a little bit more. We stayed at a bed and breakfast down the road which also hosts the yearly Firefly Festival. Well worth the trip.

Beautiful trail! Quite a workout straight to the top! can't wait to go back in the fall when all the trees are changing!

Excellent trail with an amazing view at the overlook! The trail was well maintained and provides a variety of hills as well as some flat stretches warranting its moderate rating. There is a variety of terrain and even differences in the layout of the forest. If you're camping at the overlook don't forget to carry in water from either the campground or the stream. Camping at the overlook provides several large sites good for both tents and hammocks. Deerlick camp, at the end of an offshoot trail on the East side, is inaccessible due to some downed trees that haven't been cleaned up and what appears to be beavers. Both seem to have caused the creek to damn making the campsites inaccessible. Therefore you'll need to camp at the junction with the North Country National Scenic Trail or at the bridge on the South East side of the trail close to the Middle Loop Junction. Overall a great trail that I look forward to doing again in the future!

Amazing trail, we did the loop counterclockwise and the reward at the end was worth it.

brought my five year old son, we had a blast. campground at trailhead was nice, and lots of campsites on the trail.

I love this place went for the first time at the end of February and camped for a night at, I believe, the three rivers campground this weekend I went off the beaten path and found some really cool place and a nice campsite about a mile in to the north loop down next to the creek, I will definitely be going again sometime

We walked the South Loop and Middle Loop for a shorter (about 4 mile) hike. Very beautiful view from the overlook and also a lot of really cool huge rocks that we explored on those trails. We got a little excited when we arrived and started walking the opposite way, which could easily be mistaken for a trail if you've never been here before and weren't paying attention. Overall a really cool trail that we will be returning to soon to hike the North Loop!