Minister Creek Trail

Minister Creek Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sheffield, PA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

North loop. Very nice overnight loop.

Loved it

Great trail! We did the whole north trail in 3 hours. My Fitbit said it was about 6.5-7 miles. No service to track the hike. Just be prepared to walk up and down the mountain 3 times. Great, beautiful hike though!! Recommend!

It was a beautiful trail in the Alleghany National Forest. Moderate difficulty but with some surprises that demanded a little bit more. We stayed at a bed and breakfast down the road which also hosts the yearly Firefly Festival. Well worth the trip.

Beautiful trail! Quite a workout straight to the top! can't wait to go back in the fall when all the trees are changing!

Excellent trail with an amazing view at the overlook! The trail was well maintained and provides a variety of hills as well as some flat stretches warranting its moderate rating. There is a variety of terrain and even differences in the layout of the forest. If you're camping at the overlook don't forget to carry in water from either the campground or the stream. Camping at the overlook provides several large sites good for both tents and hammocks. Deerlick camp, at the end of an offshoot trail on the East side, is inaccessible due to some downed trees that haven't been cleaned up and what appears to be beavers. Both seem to have caused the creek to damn making the campsites inaccessible. Therefore you'll need to camp at the junction with the North Country National Scenic Trail or at the bridge on the South East side of the trail close to the Middle Loop Junction. Overall a great trail that I look forward to doing again in the future!

Amazing trail, we did the loop counterclockwise and the reward at the end was worth it.

brought my five year old son, we had a blast. campground at trailhead was nice, and lots of campsites on the trail.

I love this place went for the first time at the end of February and camped for a night at, I believe, the three rivers campground this weekend I went off the beaten path and found some really cool place and a nice campsite about a mile in to the north loop down next to the creek, I will definitely be going again sometime

We walked the South Loop and Middle Loop for a shorter (about 4 mile) hike. Very beautiful view from the overlook and also a lot of really cool huge rocks that we explored on those trails. We got a little excited when we arrived and started walking the opposite way, which could easily be mistaken for a trail if you've never been here before and weren't paying attention. Overall a really cool trail that we will be returning to soon to hike the North Loop!

Solo Backpacked this loop. Not gonna lie there was some really eerie stretches of this hike. There are a couple huge swathes of trees that all got knocked over in the same direction. Not cut down. Plowed over. Not exactly sure how. Made for interesting trails as some of them weaved and bobbed through the craters left by these massive pines. Also managed to get myself lost one for a solid hour, definatly got my adrenaline pumping not knowing where the trail went. On the far side of the loop that intersects with North Country Trail there are tons of man-made campgrounds made up out of flat stones. Surprisingly comfortable little chairs can be made with some well-placed stones. I accidentally saved the best for last when I stumbled into the huge rock formations and overlook. Best way to cap off a long backpack.

One of the best trails I have done, It never gets old and is always full of different wild life. The ecosystem changes a few different time as you move on down the trail which makes it a fun and interesting trip.

Amazing! My fiancé and I completed he North loop plus some in the early spring. It still was somewhat snowy, but still beautiful. Although I was quite tired at the end it was worth the climb. We did the steepest part first. The outlook was breath taking.