Mill Creek Trail

Mill Creek Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Douglassville, PA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mill Creek Trail: 6 miles - white blazes with a red stripe - most difficult hiking Once leaving the trailhead at Shed Road and PA 345, you will not cross another road on this backcountry-type loop trail. Be sure to carry water and wear proper clothing and footwear.

Great walk in the woods along clearly marked trails.

Nice trail through a portion of French Creek SP. Some extremely minor stream crossings, and some rocky sections, but nothing too strenuous. I went around the loop portion counter-clockwise, and one section of the trail had a decent-sized climb. I enjoyed the time in the woods, but there was no really scenic sections or any "payoff" spots - just a trail through the woods. And personally, maybe it's my inexperience, but I think the French Creek trails are poorly marked. There's an occasional blaze to let me know I'm on the right path, but I passed intersections with no real markings - and no marking (that I saw) at the trail-head to indicate that it was the start of the trail that I wanted. But, the alltrails app location helped me verify things when I wasn't quite sure what was going on. Some sections are so narrow that it felt like bush-whacking. Saw a few mountain bikers, and a few hiking groups. All-in-all, a good afternoon hike that I would do again.

I enjoyed this trail very much. The variation of terrain makes for an interesting hike, and the distance is good for a morning or afternoon hike without taking up the whole day. I thought that the burns on the trees from the fire a few years ago were especially interesting and so was Miller's Point.

Enjoyable 6 mile hike. Trail offers enough elevation and terrain changes to make it moderately challenging. Parts of the trails are very rock so its almost like hiking through a dried creek bed. I brought my dog out with me and she had no issues. Biggest complaint is that the trails are poorly marked.

Nice 6 mile hike. The terrain is very rocky so next time I will leave my sneakers behind and wear hiking boots. This hike takes about 3.5 hrs and that includes stopping for lunch. Enjoy and take care.

I hiked the Mill Creek trail and enjoyed it. This is one of many trails that make up the system of trails located in and around French Creek State Park. The trail is also used for mountain biking but I did not pass any during the hike. There are many stream crossings and more than ample change of terrain on this trail. Another great feature of the hike is that once you cross the road at the trail head you don't cross any more roads for the entire 6 mile trail. It is worth the trip.