Middle Creek Elders Run Trail

Middle Creek Elders Run Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stevens, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A nice loop hike with some old ruins at about the halfway point A nice little two hour hike. From the trailhead immediately go right and follow the yellow blazes (this portion is on the Horseshoe Trail). The first portion is all uphill, but it's easily managed, even with young children. Take a left at the "big" intersection to go onto the Elders Run trail. The ruins will be on your right after you've gone a couple of hundred yards. Take another left after crossing the bridge and follow the stream back to your starting point. The trail can be muddy (and buggy) at times so wear appropriate footwear and bring bug repellant!

Trail was extremely easy and more towards the boring side, completed in no time. I took my 2 shepherds with me, the trail was tiny and rocky at times, common for PA but terrible for taking 2 huge dogs and they were covered in ticks when we left. The trail is marked, but not incredibly well, but it's also hard to miss where you're going. I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back.

great trail but can get confusing on the loop . not for beginners! terrain is unstable and large portions are uphill. scenic and cool hidden treasures along the way. wear bug spray for ticks and mosquitoes! recommended age 8 and up!

Not trail for beginners:(

First 2 legs were great but the last leg along power lines not maintained got confusing and over grown found a deer path half way down and finished through the woods. Got a little frustrating considering I had my daughter along. We were loving the trail until that point. So beware once you get to that point. In hind sight we should of doubled back at third leg but didn't know what we were getting into at that point.... Good luck!

Over half of this "trail" is dirt road. It opens up with a pretty significant climb up a logging road to Horseshoe Trail. Horseshoe trail eventually turns into an actual trail. Since we went left the trail was relatively steep and rocky. This trail should definitely be considered moderate as opposed to easy because first time hikers are going to find this terrain difficult at best.

We were very disappointed. Because much of the trail is attached to logging efforts, there was little to no wildlife. We heard one wood pecker, saw one squirrel and two blue birds. We will never return to this trail and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Nice hike along the creek. Cool old cabin foundation along the way with a old spring house. Very dog friendly.

Good trail, light elevation climb. Good exercise. Things to see along the trail.

I did a loop of Middle Creek Trail to Elder's Run to Horse-shoe trail, 3.75 miles total. Good hike, couple of steeper rocky parts but mostly easy. Nice views of the creek and woods. Would definitely do this again.

Nice trail for the first two legs but it gets confusing when you have to find the last part of the trail. My girlfriend and I are not the most experienced hikers and we ended up taking the wrong way.