Kildoo Trail

Kildoo Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Portersville, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

rock climbing

scenic driving

whitewater kayaking

beach

This trail is a combination of the Alpha Pass Trail at the northern end of the park that follows the creek to the Old Mill. After the Old Mill the Kildoo Trail makes up the McConnell's Mill State Park Trail.

Great trail for a winter afternoon hike. We stared at Alpha Falls trailhead and continued along Kildoo trail to Eckert bridge. Instead of returning on the same path, we crossed the bridge and returned on the other side of the water on the Slippery Rock Gorge Trail. This was about a 2.5 - 3 hour hike for us. We went about 4.5 miles.

Nice snowy hike with the family.

fantastic trail. slow going with traversing the rocky path (especially when its snow and ice covered) with incredible views along the way. ill be back to head further up to include the alpha pass trail on the next trip

I like to do this trail as a loop. I park at Eckert bridge and hike north on the east side of the river. Cross at the Covered bridge and work my way back south on the west side. It s a great day hike.

Beautiful area and geography. Highly recommend. not too difficult and family friendly for the most part.

Not a bad trail; a little damp with wet leaves which made it a bit slick on the rocks. It's a very windy, rocky, root filled trail. My only issue was there wasn't clear markings on where the trail started and we were in the wrong place. Lots of steps to get down to water level but once at the right place and by the creek, the trail was great. The waterfall was lacking water, but still great to be outside.

Great trail, a little difficult to get through with our dog because it's somewhat narrow. Overall beautiful and definitely worth the trip

Took my 5 boys & wife on this trail and everyone did great. It's such a difference from various canyon trails in Arizona. Lots of shade and bedrock protruding from the trail. Lot's of variance in the terrain as well which made it interesting over the route.

We celebrated my daughter's birthday with her Girl Scout troop and everyone did fabulous! We had on slippy spot (a hiking stick helped us reel my 6 year old back), there is mud in parts, and one issue with blisters. But we love this trail- imaginations run wild with the rock formations and it's nice and cool under the shady trees!;)

Did this trail tonight, we parked by the covered bridge and the loop ended up being 2.2 miles. Nice scenery but really rocky so watch out! We will definitely be doing this one again.

Nice 2.5 loop that starts from the Old Mill goes down to Eckert Bridge and across, then back across the covered bridge. I suggested an edit as this trail is not listed correctly as it's a combination of Alpha Pass and Kildoo Trail. These should be separate since not everyone wants to do both of them and add the extra mileage. Great trail overall with a nice view of Kildoo falls and right along the water with some varying slight elevation changes.