Marsh Creek Trail

Marsh Creek Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Downingtown, PA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until November.

Directions from Eagle, PA: Get off the PA Turnpike at Exit 23 The Downingtown Exit. Turn right (north) on SR 100 and travel 1 mile to the Eagle Tavern. The road forks in front of the tavern. Bear left and travel one block to a blinking light. Turn left on Park Road for 2 miles. Take Park Road all the way to reach the east side of the lake where the swimming pool is located.

Marsh creek was awesome. So many things to do. We brought our own kayaks but your you can show up and rent them as well as paddle boards. Bring a lunch and make a day of it! Can't wait to go back!

The first mile and a half is well maintained and has a lot of places to go in the water. Excellent for dogs. After that it's through the woods, which is generally well maintained. There was one point where the trail split and I took the way that was highlighted in red. it went through a field with crazy tall grass and not maintained at all. I would recommend taking the dotted blue portion on the way out instead.

Gods level of difficulty for 5 miles and nice hike by the water

Lots of trails in the area. Good mt biking trails

Beautiful place during the week if you can get out when it's a lot less crowded. Great running/hiking on the trails but lots of mtn bikers, although everyone I've come across has been respectful of others on the trails. And can't beat being able to hop in your kayak and paddle around the large lake after a good trail run. Decent fishing here too. Good place for families and dogs..just a little crowded on the weekends. The west side boat launch is where I usually start my runs and put my kayak in.

Great time! Love the diversity of the trails. Great work out.

They allow hunting which I found strange and put me on edge a bit.

Great fishing