Marietta

Marietta is a 14.7 mile loop trail located near York, PA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and road biking and is accessible from March until November.

14.7 miles Loop

Awesome paved trail, my daughter and I biked 5 miles..

Easy! I parked in Marietta and went south towards Columbia, then turned around at the PA462 ramp. On my way back, I diverted up the Breezeway trail (fun!) to catch the amazing views from the gazebo area. Then I descended the trail to get back on the path to my car. At Chiques Rock, Eric Sauder from ValleyToSummit was helping a friend teach their family rock climbing, which I'm thinking of signing up for because I witnessed Eric's 6 yr old son Preston climb one of the craggy faces as if it were the jungle gym at a playground...yeah, he was that good!!

It's very beautiful, peaceful, and right by the river. The trail has paved riding paths, nice picnic areas, a few look out points, port a potties along the trail, very rich in history, part of the trail is right by the river and the other part of it goes through the woods. They also have benches along the path that you can sit and rest or sit and take in the breathe taking views. If you love to bird watch then you would enjoy the variety of birds along the trail. It ranges from as small as a finch to as large as an eagle and yes you can see eagles nest throughout the trail. And YES I absolutely love going on this trail it is so breathe taking and peaceful. You can see people walking, biking, canoeing, fishing, swimming, picnicing, and so much more.