loyalsock trail loop

loyalsock trail loop is a 5 mile loop trail located near Plunketts Creek Township, PA and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November.

Yesterday, I followed the same track Tyson Buttorf posted. Let me tell you, I am in decent cardio shape but the initial climb was brutal. It's the closest I've come to mountain climbing, albeit not quite that harsh. Once I reached the top, the trail was very easy and the scenery quite beautiful. Several on here mentioned rattlers; however, I saw none, only a garter snake. The descent was definitely not a breeze, either. It was very rocky with a lot of places where one could easily break a bone. I would not hike this loop if the ground were wet or icy as that would make for some very dangerous conditions. All in all, I liked the challenge and enjoyed myself. I will be back to do it again, maybe trying different tracks just to see new scenery.

Pack LIGHT!!!! As being our first overnight hiking/primitive camping experience, we were a bit naive to what exactly we were getting ourselves into. We followed a gear checklist and found that the majority of "necessities" we packed did nothing but weigh us down. Bring a lot of water!! From the very start you are ascending a steep incline and throughout there is not much of a break. Truly beautiful views once you finally make it to the Ridgeline. The descent is treacherous. Very steep and slippery mossy rocks. Be very conscious of your footing. Proper footgear and trekking poles are a must. I took many spills and would have taken many more without the support of the poles. Try to keep a positive outlook. The satisfaction of completing is great at the end. Extremely trying trail, but you'll feel a great sense of pride after all is said and done. Adventure awaits!

This trail is so hard ! But the view is awesome

So hard. I forgot my sneakers which did not help and did the hike in my sandals. Luckily I had my socks. Stay on the trail is the best advice I can give. We figured there was a place to pick up the trail on the left but there was not and hiked up the hill not following anything but going up. I paused the app a couple of times but forgot to turn it back on so my map is a little all over the place. Will go back when I need a challenge again. Straight up a hill takes a lot of stamina and muscle control. Good luck if you tackle this.