Little Buffalo Park Trail

Little Buffalo Park Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newport, PA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Weather was wet, but we had a nice time hiking the trails. Made the loop around the lake using the exercise trail, middle ridge trail, fisherman's trail and blue ball trail. The hiking is not too difficult and the trails are marked well. You do a little bit of climbing on middle ridge trial via switch backs. All in all it was a nice day.

LOOP: Blue Ball Trail - Exercise Trail - Middle Ridge Trail - Little Buffalo Creek Trail - Rail Road Trace Trail - Buffalo Ridge Trail - Mill Race Trai

My Favs: Buffalo Ridge & Middle Ridge Trails

Easy to moderate hike around the lake. Some short climbs but a nice early season hike. I hiked this with a group of eight people some from the Sierra Club. Lots of nice wooden bridge stream crossings. We took our time so it was closer to 3 1/2 hours

I love Little Buffalo so much, I got married there (at the mill). beautiful, peaceful, easy trails ~ great for hiking, running, picnicking, etc.

I have been wating to do this trail for years and I finally scheduled it in. This park is great for hiking, boating, fishing, swimming and camping. I hiked the Middle Ridge Trail, Little Buffalo Creek Trail, Buffalo Ridge Trail and the Mill Stone Trail to make one large loop around the lake. Middle Ridge Trail could be labled as difficult do to the switchbacks through the spurs and draws but most of the other trails are moderate. Keep and eye opened for wildlifeas you traverse across the narrow trails riddled with rocks I missed opportunities for pics of the wildlife because my eyes were looking down at the trail. Trail is very well established, a couple of directional signs are in need of fix up but the trail is unmistakable.

Easy to moderate hiking, some gradual inclines ... well maintained trails. The park has some cool sites. I prefer something a little more challenging