Lehigh Gorge Trail

Lehigh Gorge Trail is a 48.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near White Haven, PA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Lehigh gorge is one of the most beautiful trail in PA

Flat, easy terrain for biking. My 8 year old daughter easily completed the 22 mile trek from Rockport to White Haven and back. I would've like to see more of the scenic river, but there aren't really any clearings to get a good view from the trail. There were several side hiking trails though that appeared to lead down to the river so we will definitely be back to check out some of those.

It's fun to bike down and take a shuttle back. I sometimes stay the night in JT and go back the next day. There's a swimming hole toward the end of the trail, also.

We started in Jim Thorpe and hiked the DL trail up to Glen Onoko Falls base. We never made it to the top but, plan to do it later in the year. It had beautiful views and very historic scenes to view and take in, from an abandon train tunnel to many scenic views

I biked the gorge from White Haven to Jim Thorpe and I'm waiting for the remainder of the trail to go in service. It's a great ride to just get out and go!!

This is a wonderful trail for casual rides. Great scenery along the river, a few waterfalls, and historic information on the trail side signs.

The grade is so minor that most people don't notice it until it is time to turn around. In my opinion, if you plan to ride round trip start at Jim Thorpe for rides of more than about 15 miles, otherwise start at Rockport... either way, start out riding north so that you are going downhill on the second half of the ride.

The area's best rail trail ride!

Biked from Whitehaven to Jim Thorpe with Boy Scout Troop 34. We loved it!

Try kayaking down awesome!!

I spent a couple hours getting to the top of the waterfall. It was a great view and worth the effort but be aware this isn't a leisurely stroll. Kids, older, or heavy people will need to take their time and may need some help along the way. There are plenty of other easy trails for all ages though good for bikes, strollers, or anything else.

We did this trail starting at Jim Thorp. The ride is beautiful. Bald Eagles, Deer, Wild Turkeys (not the drink), and I even saw a Rattlesnake. Starting at Jim Thorp was one of our mistakes as it is a very gradual incline, not a very steep one but none the less it will kick your butt if you do like we did and go all the way to White Haven. I would do the ride again only this time I will start at White Haven and go down hill, and I will plan better so that we can actually catch the shuttle next time and not get stuck...

This is the longest of the D&L trail that I have been able to find. It also is the best maintained. I love that I can spend a day biking from Jim Thorpe to White Haven. The other sections such from Bethlehem to Easton while pretty on a sunny day, don't take as long to complete. The Lehigh Gorge trail is the best section of the D&L trail that is open.

Great trail with wonderful views. We start at the White Haven trailhead, and ride a slight downhill easy ride 25+ miles to Jim Thorpe for dinner, etc. Buy a sandwich to take along at the grocer next to the trailhead, and enjoy a bus ride back to your car at the end of your day. Great fun.

I biked from Jim Thorpe to Rockport and back to Jim Thorpe. Even on a busy weekend with all the festivities in Jim Thorpe, parking was $5 and everything is very close. The trail is not cement, it's crumbled pieces of something but the bike ride wasn't bad. It took us about 2hrs to get to Rockport and come back and An even pace while occasionally stopping to take pictures of the waterfalls and river that at all times was parallel to us. No food at Rockport so make sure to pack a lunch. I would recommend this place to everyone. Great place!