Laurel Highlands RT. 31 Firetower Hike

Laurel Highlands RT. 31 Firetower Hike is a 2.4 mile out and back trail located near Somerset, PA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from June until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Quick, Open & Kid Friendly The hike promised an interesting ending and view with the destination labeled "lookout tower". Packed up the 5 year and 2 year old daughters who were excited about seeing the slopes and surrounding areas from above the trees and not through them. We started out on the Laurel Highlands Hiking trail and then deviated left when we came across the trail/road for the fire tower. From that point it was a simple hike, about a half mile and we came to the....."Tower". In my younger years before I fully understood the probability of a 30 year old 2x4 failing I may have attempted to scale the fence and head up the tower but now with 3 kids and a slew of real responibilities I just laughed. Why? I knew that I had to explain to my daughter that we can't go up what I've been talking up for a couple of days. All in all, a nice hike because of the vistas offered but don't think a nice lunch will be had on the tower floor. All one board of it.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!