Lamb's Gap Trail

Lamb's Gap Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marysville, PA and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Doing the loop clockwise is optimum, during the first half of the route you will be hiking on a shared route with the Darlington Trail (which is well marked). Be aware the split from Darlington is noticeable. Hiked this in August enjoyed the shade, but no views. I will be back after the leaves are gone to check out the views.

pretty trail not as difficult as I thought. saw some deer and had fun getting lost for a bit easily found way back.

Nice trail, one tree down on trail have to go under it but overall nice trail

geocaching

good trail for geocashing!

Had a great time getting lost, then finding my way back!

trail is not marked very well, is very steep at some parts, not very scenic, and it was difficult to find. parking area was not marked, and trail was not cleared in the state game lands forest areas so I rolled my ankle trying to maneuver through the ditches and rocks covered by the leaves. would not recommend or retry.

I began this trail from Lamb's Gap Road parking lot and headed West on the Darlington Trail. That goes about 2.5 miles until Miller's Gap Road. It crosses there and then heads to the right. If you are paying attention to the orange markers, you see that the Darlington trail shoots off to the left and another trail goes straight. Left takes you 1.5 miles to the Appalachian trail intersection, where Darlington Trail ends. Straight keeps you on this Lamb's Gap trail. Be warned, there are no more tree markers at this point, but you can see the beaten path.

Going straight puts you out on a state game land access road. Go right, back over Miller's Gap road and then into the woods again. The trail is easy to see based on the beaten path. However after a while I felt like I was heading backwards. Keep going and you will eventually see some tree markers that are black with white dots in the middle. If you turn around you see that you came from a split trail. I kept to the right to head back to my car. Further along the markers stop and the trail splits again. I went right again. That winds around a lot, goes over a creek, and has you walking up the other mountain side that you did not come in on. It eventually shoots you out at the State Game Lands parking lot on Idle Road. Then I followed Idle Road back to Lamb's Gap to reach where I parked. Idle is pretty steep, especially for the end of your hike.

I am rating this a 5 star despite the lack of marking and guessing which paths are which. I like the varied terrain and elevation. Some parts were rocky and some were not. Most were typical forest areas. If and when I do this again, I will go the opposite direction. It was hard to figure out where I was going before with the lack of direction. There is a non motorized vehicle access crossing on Idle Road that confused me. That is not the trail entrance. You have to keep going until you get to a parking lot on the left side of Idle if you are coming from Lamb's Gap Rd.

We only did about 3.5 miles of the trail today. A lot of wildflowers growing along the trail made if very beautiful. Very easy trail, it begins through two different fields and then continues on to the Appalachian Trail. Only one small climb and that was pretty easy as well. We found a spectacular wild orchid on the way. I would like to go back and finish the whole trail when we have more time.

I wouldn't call it difficult. it's pretty long but it isn't steep at all. it's a very enjoyable hike. make sure you know when hunting season is and wear your orange. don't forget to respect the hunters by staying quite. chances are they've been out there a lot longer than you.

I completed this in 3 hours this afternoon. The north side wasn't too bad but south side had quite a bit of soft snow which made the trek sluggish. The weather was nice which made for an enjoyable afternoon.

A good hidden gem. could use a lil work and ridden in more but otherwise a great trail for being so close. just stay in the right area and you shouldn't have any problems with game wardens. stay away during hunting season and all will be well. there are many different trails and all are typical Pa ridding. these trails run up and down so you will get some elevation changes. there are plenty of obstacles to ride over to keep you on your toes so these are not easy trails for begginers so be careful.