Indian Trail

Indian Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tannersville, PA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Indian Trail offers a great vista from the eastern cliffs, visible from I-80 and points in Tannersville and Scotrun. Visitors may also connect to South Trail midway across the south face section from Parking Lot 3 using the Vista Trail for a shorter loop. [source: Big Pocono State Park web site at Pennsylvania DCNR]

A bit underwhelming if you're expecting a nice, quick challenge. My advice would be to travel an extra 8ish miles to nearby Mount Tammany for more of an incline and in my opinion, better views. If you do insist on hiking this trail, rest assured it is well-marked; also, we found the quickest way to get there was by following "Rim Road, Stroudsburg" in the GPS.

Amazing views. Not difficult, my 8 yr old completed without any issues. Trail was rocky for the most part. Was a little nervous seeing the warning for the healthy amount of rattle snakes but luckily we didn't see any. Plan to go back to do the other tails when the leaves are changing.

Great place! This trail was easy, well marked and maintained. Stunning views!

I'm not a hiker as much as a walker. This was a fun and very pretty trail with a few difficult rocky spots. Made a nice change of pace from the very flat area I live in!

Best place to park is in Lot 4. Trailhead is across the road. This is not a difficult trail in terms of it being strenuous, but it is somewhat difficult in terms of terrain. Very rocky trail for most of the hike. Great views.

Pretty easy train unless you take the shortcut from the parking lot, straight up the waterfalls! Very fun.

Very good views of the adjacent areas. The trails are a good mix of soft dirt and rocks. Plus the light snow covering made the hike a little more interesting because of the various critter tracks. Many of the tracks went perpendicular to the trail, except one set of small paw prints looked like they followed most of the snow covered trail. Visibility was fair and the weather was cool with a little wind. I'm planning to return on a day when the sky is clear so that I can take panoramic photos of the Delaware Water Gap.

I wouldnt call this difficult - relatively flat (nice game lands) Good distance on trails - Watch for mountain bikes