Harrison Hills Park: Rachel Carson Trail-Pond And River Overlooks Trails

Harrison Hills Park: Rachel Carson Trail-Pond And River Overlooks Trails is a 3.9 mile out and back trail located near Harrison Twp, PA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

I have to disagree with the users who said this trail was well marked. The last nice day of the year we decided to try and hike this trail, but it was VERY poorly marked. I don't know why, but the yellow markings used to denote the rachel carson trail ended up taking us out of the park, and onto main roads in the neighborhood. Once we realized this was likely wrong, we were 2 miles out of the park. Last nice day of the year was a waste.

Really nice trail. Good workout for a 4 miler, plus beautiful changing landscape. Highly recommend.

Nice trail not too difficult

Very enjoyable trail with lots of different terrain and....horses?? Love this trail.

Saw a beautiful rainbow sitting at the pond! Overall great trail and greatly marked!

One of my favorite spots to hike in Allegheny county. Well maintained and marked, scenic views of the Allegheny River will please the eyes, and a couple of hills challenge the legs.