Green Lane - Blue Trail

Green Lane - Blue Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pennsburg, PA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

gorgeous views! the trails aren't too difficult to climb although there are some tough areas. did blue, red and green trails. signage throughout warning of difficult hills and ticks.

Nice 12 mile loop if you get familiar with the trails. You can take a look at my hike but if you go blue to red or red to blue and use all the alternate paths on red, it's a great hike and you stay out of the sun. On Red there is green trail called Hemlock I believe then few more off the main red path that keep you off the paved path and basic gravel path.

It wasn't a difficult hike, but it was longer than expected. There are several houses on the trail.

I loved it. Maybe if you're in great shape and hike tougher paths more often you won't find it challenging but I thought Blue was pretty tough, and there were a few times when I wished I'd had some hiking boots; I can think of at least two or three fairly steep inclines and declines where I slipped on the uneven rocky terrain.

All in all I loved the trail. Took Blue out to Perkiomen and that to Green and Red back to Blue. Very nice, very pretty hike. A great way to kill four or five hours.

A very easy hike for something considered difficult! I wish I knew before hand, as I would have brought my trail running shoes instead of my hiking boots! The blue trail is nice and shady, well marked, and has great views of the reservoir. Orange is an easy look which would be good for a beginner train runner. Red trail and the corresponding offshoots are easy, pretty flat and without a lot of shade. Recommend this place a lot, especially if you have time to rent a canoe or paddle board for the afternoon.

Great trail. Very challenging. Parked at Knight Road parking lot and hiked south east to the camping ground area off of Hill Road and retraced route back. It took me 2-1/2 hours and was between 8 and 9 miles by my estimate. As others have mentioned, the Blue Trail is not a loop trail and the route I described above pretty much syncs up with what is indicated on the PA DCNR map for the park. The description of this trail should be amended as such.

The weather was fabulous. Picked up the blue trail off of part of the Perkiomen Trail. Next time will definitely drop in further on the trail, off of Hill Road. We parked in the lot by the orange trail and the path to the blue trail, was just that, a gravel path, good for walking with children and strollers, but not a hiking challenge. Over all it was beautiful. Not overtly challenging, some rocky assents/descents but a nice hike. There were some areas that took you up to the road, which took away some of the serenity of it all, with the cars passing by, but thankfully they were short treks. As previously reported the blue trail is not a loop. You have to pick up the red trail, green connector trail and the Perkiomen trail to make it a loop.

Nice day. No bugs. Murky green water. Nice breeze dry trail and dry beds. Very easy hike.

The blue trail runs along the bank of the lake and offers some scenic views, varied terrain, and chances to explore. A complete loop around the lake requires you to take the red trail, however, and this is where things can become tedious. Very little shade and not much to look at except grass. In total the loop is about 12 miles; I'd do it again but skip the red trail.

Loved this trail. Like others have said, the terrain was varied enough to make things interesting. I would say this trail is "moderate" difficulty, due to some of the steeper hills, some narrow paths, and some larger, rockier areas or lots of roots (tripping hazards). I'm rather inexperienced as a hiker, but this was just challenging enough to give me a great workout. I completed a round trip, (9.1 mi), according to the alltrails app recorded time/distance in just over 3 hours.

It was perfect.

Sorry - edit - that was 12.5 miles, not hours. We aren't that slow. :)

The Blue trail isn't a loop, as others have pointed out. We did the blue, red, yellow, and Green Lane connector, along with part of the Perkiomen trail, to make a true loop. It was 12.5 hours. It's a very pleasant trail, not at all difficult, and it covers a variety of terrain from paved to gravel to dirt. There are several areas on the blue trail marked as dangerous but they really are just the stream crossings, and at this time of this year anyway, there wasn't enough water to make them difficult at all. I recommend doing this loop, including the connector trail, going in a clockwise loop - the connector trail has a very steep hill along the road (it's a paved bike path). Brought home a deer tick, so this area of PA seems to be thick with them already this year. Really a nice, easy hike, the bikers and horse riders are very pleasant and considerate, and great views with the exception of some of the red trail, which takes you away from the water.

Total perimeter uses Blue and Red and is more like 13 miles. There are tons of fun singletrack offshoots along the way.

We've hiked Green Lane for years! Play tennis there, picnic, jog, walk the dogs, etc. Really nice.

The Blue Trail, by itself, is not a loop. You can combine multiple trials into a loop but it is much longer than 7.2 miles. However, this hike is awesome. The scenery of the leaves changing on the lake and it's just an overall great looking area. Strongly recommend. Make sure you take a map and plan your route beforehand.