Glen Onoko Falls Trail

Glen Onoko Falls Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jim Thorpe, PA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

As a Lower Bucks County resident, I find this trail to be one of the best in "the area." It runs along the falls, so you almost always have a view. Additionally, the way up (take a left at the sign) offers a nice incline and rocky terrain for a refreshing workout. Just make sure you wear proper hiking boots -- and look out for copperheads and rattlesnakes (I once saw both in one day)!

awsome

awsome

I am looking for some winter hiking advice! I have done this trail several times, both in the summer. We are planning to also do this the last weekend in November. Has anyone hiked this around then? Just looking for feedback, or recommendations. THANK YOU

Gorgeous views once you reach the waterfalls. This is definitely a hard hike and I recommend hiking poles if you have them. The warning signs are there for a reason!

Great trail. Poorly marked. Do it clockwise going up on the left so you climb up he steep part and come down the gradual decent. From where we parked the trail went down the steps and under the bridge on the right. When you get to the big wooden caution sign take the trail to the left. It is not for novice hikers.

Not an easy trail but beautiful views!

Outstanding trail in a beautiful area of PA! I took my teenaged kids on this trail a couple days ago and they loved it! Waterfalls were wonderful despite the lack of recent rain. We were able to hike through the stream over boulders for most of the hike. One portion had natural steps adjacent to the waterfall itself. We drive almost 2 hours each way for the hike and it was worth it. Took us about 2.5 hours to go up the falls, eat at the fire pit, then walk the loop side down, which was very peaceful.

Signs everywhere warning of death and proper shoes. Waterfalls are incredible as you go up the mountain. They way down is a bit more nerve racking then going up. Experience is required, if it's your first hike don't go here. Focus and stamina required.

Proper foot wear and a little athleticism are a must on this trail. There are a few steep inclines where you need to use rocks and roots to climb up. The loop takes about 2 hours. The views along the way are truly beautiful. This hike is well worth it and makes for a perfect day hike! Can't wait to do it again.

Took around an1.5 hours. Hard to tell the trail but this app help with that. Recommend that you take snacks and GOOD HIKING SHOES!!

Beautiful place ! Have been here many times and it never gets old. It has a dangerous reputation, but as long as you are smart, stay on the trail and don't try to do anything dangerous you will have a safe trip(: Highly recommend checking it out if your from the Lehigh valley and have not been here yet!

This trail has a pretty bad reputation, so I was hesitant to explore it. I'm so glad I did! It's my new favorite. Absolutely beautiful scenery. The waterfalls are stunning and even in the middle of summer in a drought they were running full. You do end up grabbing on to roots, rocks, etc to help get yourself up in a few areas. Hiking boots are a must and I would suggest a hiking stick too. The trail can be confusing if you don't do research first. When you approach the trail sign welcoming you and giving the rules (not the one immediately off the stairs) you want to follow the trail to the left of the sign. This takes you UP the falls, which is easier than trying to go down that way. If you go right it's all switch backs and sort of boring and you'll be exhausted by the time you get to the top of the falls. Also watch for rattlesnakes... one scared the bejesus out of me. Be smart - don't get close to edges, pay attention to your footing, and wear proper hiking boots and you'll be fine. I would consider it a moderate trail.