Pinchot Trail - South Loop

Pinchot Trail - South Loop is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wellsville, PA. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

rock climbing

My husband & I absolutely loved this trail! It was well marked & maintained.

It is labeled as an out and back trail, however my friend and I hiked around the entire lake making it a total of 8.6 miles (from my car around the lack and back to my car) so it should really be labeled as a loop trail if you are up to it. The path was pretty clearly labeled. Only a few times did we used the map to confirm where we were going. There were several other trails that extended from the one around the entire lake that we didn't explore. A great place to hike, didn't see very many people on the trail but lots of people on the lake. If you do the full loop, bring lots of water! Will be visiting again :)

Lake is right by the trail most the time. One of my favorite places to hike. Lots of really cool spots along the way.

Great run!

Saw a barred owl a few nights in a row out in campground Loop B. Camped there a few days in July and loved it! Brought our kayaks and enjoyed the lake as well. Our favorite place as a family.

I love hiking here. The trails are mostly flat and well groomed. Only the far ends of the lake (remote areas) get a little overgown and dodgy. I have hiked every trail here and they are all worth re-hiking anytime you want a nice day trip. Lakeside trail is my favorite, 8.5 miles, easy hiking. Plenty of places to refill your water bottle and rest with great views of the lake. Make a weekend trip and camp there as well.

We've done a few of the trails here. It's a nice place, good mix of terrain but mostly flat. The lake is pretty and there's a nice nature center. In the summer you can go for a swim in a sectioned off portion of the lake, but it's really murky and crowded

Pin hot has good walking trails. Mostly campers and fishing. Trails are flat and about 7 miles looped.