Fred Woods Trail

Fred Woods Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Driftwood, PA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November.

This trail has some of the most beautiful vista views I've seem. I plan to do it again in the fall when the foliage using full color. the rock loop is incredible also. the only drawback was that several portions of the trail were rather rocky so you had to walk with you head down so you wouldn't stumble.

I love this trail! My family has made so many memories hiking on this trail and climbing the rocks that are alongside the path! Definitely recommend!

was a fun trail to hike. not hard on the body and seeing the rocks and vistas was great lots of neat rocks to climb on and explore. it took us about 3and half hours to complete. oh it had great markings too.

5 stars for the views and cause its an absolutely wonderful trail. it had great markings and lots to do. we found a buck pocket knife and dobby's home geocache. great for a day hike.

rock climbing

Very fun place to boulder climb. Rocks are located about halfway around the loop. lots of different rock formations from 5' boulders to huge 20'+ boulders

A very nice trail. Hiked with a group ages ranging from 7-71. Dogs enjoyed it too, but bring them water, very little to none on trail, depending on recent weather. Large boulders a couple miles from trail head, made for some nice pictures. Only made it to one vista, another nice photo op. Trail head is clearly marked and is several miles up Mason Hill Road (a non-paved, narrow road). Mostly flat trail until a couple miles in.

Hiked this with my son today. Took us a little less than 2.5 hours. Great views! Windy and Snowy.

All around great trail. Level for the most part and it was marked well. We went left at the start of the loop. Go right if you want to see the rocks before the vista. The vista would have been great if I could have stopped, since it was pouring and flashing lightning I didn't go out and expose myself in the opening. Twice I got down on my knees to get low when the lightning flashed and the thunder roared at the same time. By the time I got to the rocks the rain had stopped and we (the dog and I) explored a little bit before the rain started again and forced us to get going again. This took us three hours but I packed in a lunch so we could stop and enjoy it before the rain, plus several stops so I could water the dog. Would recommend doing this on a dry day and taking the time to spend checking out the rocks. The linear trail to the loop is .7 miles and the actual loop is 3.05 according to the signs.