Flat Rock Loop Trail

Flat Rock Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lower Mifflin Township, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tough hike with a nice view at the end. The trail starts near the amphitheater area of Colonel Denning State Park. Wear good boots, and bring plenty of water this hike is a workout.

Absolutely the hardest hike I've taken this year! I hated every second of the extremely steep,rocky trail. I didn't want to finish it,until I finally got to the top...and then it was all worth it! The view is breath taking!
The climb up is very difficult. Make sure you take enough water. Luckily for me on my way down some workers lead me to a new trail(yellow) they were finishing up. The trail is much easier on the knees(joints). It was a smooth way back to the parking lot.
Be prepared for this hike!

Definitely not for the faint of heart...or the out of shape. This is a difficult uphill climb, but the view at the top makes it worthwhile. Enjoy!

Difficult trail on the return hike between the rocks and steep hills but soooooo worth it. Gorgeous view!

Awesome trail. Very rocky and straight up to the top. By the end of the day I logged 150 floors on my FitBit.

Great day! Hiked Flat Rock as part of and Environmental Edu field trip for about 90 fifth graders. The students loved it : ) there were clouds in the valley, but it was still beautiful. Reminded me of The Smokey Mountains.

It was a little bit difficult but super fun

This was a beautiful hike!! Definitely a climb but the view at the top makes every step worth while!

Amazing view at the top. Worth the hike. Bug spray a must

Amazing views. Worth the hike. Bug spray a must.

Extremely challenging.

I workout and run, and still finished this sweaty and tired. Totally worth it though... Amazing view at the top. Make sure you bring water, one of the maps (free at the bittom) and bug spray for the ticks and mosquitos (I used Off, and even rubbed it on my face, and still the bugs were flying into my eyes and mouth, and trying to land on my face THE ENTIRE TIME, from top to bittom).

Great hike though, and the view at the top is worth it.

Great hike with an awesome view at the end (one of the best I've seen in PA). Trail is very well marked and easy to follow. I would definitely agree that this was a more difficult and strenuous hike - it takes about 45-60min to get to the top, and almost all of it is uphill (rocky, too). Bring boots and lots of water. Very well worth it once you get to the top!

I've done this trail multiple times and it's always just as beautiful!

Found it quite challenging as a beginner hiker. But absolutely doable and a great trail and amazing view.

I've hiked this trail for years and the view is well worth it. I'd recommend hiking poles, especially for the trip back down.

difficult but well marked trail

Got our hearts pumping for sure. We had to take a few breaks, and it was pretty much all uphill, but it was SO worth it. Puppies were whooped and so were we. Would recommend to anyone!

Beautiful scenic outlook. Was a little confused with the trails...so look at the map before you venture out! Pretty difficult at times because the trail is going straight up almost the whole time. Would definitely recommend though!!