Erie National Wildlife Refuge

Erie National Wildlife Refuge is a 1.4 mile loop trail located near Guys Mills, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

A nice hike on Thanksgiving weekend.

Very nice trails! I really enjoy it.

I hiked the Deer Run trail and absolutely adored it! It was a rainy day but it was clearly marked and easily traveled. I would hike this trail every weekend if I lived closer.

Warning. The directions take you to a private shooting club near the refuge. A couple miles south on route 27 is an information kiosk where you can find directions to the 5 trails in the refuge. One is about a mile from the kiosk. The refuge is divided into two areas. This one near Guys Mills with three loop trails (2 or thee miles each) and the other on Route 408 about 10 miles away with two point to point trails. One closest to Cambridge is a complete boardwalk that takes you to a remote spot on French Creek. The other in that area is an old trolley trail. Some day I'd love to learn more about that trolley. I assume it came from Cambridge Springs but I don't know where it would have been going.